Chapter One: Welcome Home...

Feeling cold receding from bones, as if fire-like body heat was pushing it back...

Lungs filled with warm air, nearly hot in temperature. A gasp escaped the body as it was revived from a very...very long rest...

A girl of freckled porcelain skin, blue eyes and flaxen hair, sat up in an instant, taking her first breath after six hundred years of cryo stasis sleep...

This girl's name is Jordan Ryder...

Her dark brows, contrasting to her blonde hair which was pulled back into a ponytail- except for her bangs- furrowed as her deep blue eyes focused on her new surroundings.

Soon enough, a smile crossed her pink lips and she grinned like an elated child, a long breath leaving her, "...We made it..." Jordan breathed, just before doctors came to check her vitals and welcome her to the Andromeda Galaxy...

***

About twenty minutes later, she sat in the med-bay where many people were being woken up and given full physical examinations...

The doctor examining Jordan was an Asari by the name of Lexi. She had a dry humor, but Jordan could see that she truly cared for her patients.

"Okay, look here," she held up a finger for Jordan's eyes to follow, which they did, "Now, hold still," she said as she scanned her with her omni-tool.

Jordan sighed, wanting to see her brother, Scott Ryder. He was still in his pod, being revived. In her idle glancing, she looked passed Lexi across the way and saw a young man, light skinned with wild hair, and kind brown eyes.

He greeted Jordan silently with a wave and she just smiled, waving back. She decided to stay while they worked to revive her brother. Nobody could've anticipated the gravity generators going haywire however...

Scott's pod got damaged during the floating, but nobody was hurt. Jordan was almost distraught when she found out Scott would have to be put under an induced coma to stabilize him...

***

Over the comms, Jordan's father called her and his second, Cora Harper, up to the bridge. Cora was about the same height as Jordan, with very short, bleached blonde hair and brown dyed ends...

When the two reached the bridge, Jordan went straight to her father's side, "What the hell is going-" she paused when she saw the dark energy storm raging outside the Hyperion Ark which had carried them for six hundred years.

The storm appeared to be changing the world that was intended to be their new home...

"That's not home...is it?" Jordan asked cautiously, looking to her father, Alec Ryder, who was a tall, broad shouldered man with well-combed, copper-brown hair and a short beard. He wore his N7 armor.

Alec grimaced, his hands clasped behind his back, "It was meant to be...but now it's changed. We need to find out why," he stated.

Jordan could feel that something bad was going to happen...and still, she worried about her brother...

***

They decided to assemble the Pathfinder's team and assess the situation on the ground...

Jordan stood in front of her locker, suiting up in her Initiative armor. She checked her omni-tool to see that everything was alright with her suit, only to jump when SAM, an Ai who is connected to her through an implant in her head, spoke.

"All vital signs are nominal and your suit is in satisfactory condition. You're ready for the ground mission, aside from your spiking adrenaline levels," he said in a matter of fact monotone.

Jordan nodded, "Thanks, SAM," she said before going to find her helmet. She reached the shelves where her helmet sat and she smiled, pausing before it, her hand frozen in motion, "I wish you could be here, Mom..." she muttered in memory, thinking of her mother's face before she let her hand touch her helmet.

She picked it up and used the side of her hand to polish a spot from the glass, jumping when someone walked up next to her to grab their own helmet. It was the young man from the med-bay. He just flashed a smile, then walked off...

Jordan rolled her eyes at herself. She hated being so jumpy. In combat, she was calm and focused...but just before a mission, she was always on a grating edge. She took a deep breath and went to the gun case, grabbing a side arm and an assault rifle.

"I can do this...I can do this...I can do this..." she repeated to herself as she put on her helmet.

She calmed her breathing and kept an idle hand close to her pistol...

Jordan was ready...she had to be...