Chapter 7

Everyone was silent.

Raven broke the silence by saying, "Hey, what's that?" He was cut off by his wince of pain, "Ow! What the Mjotem was that?" He looked around and saw a little dog behind him, clamping his jaws over Raven's tail, pulling it down a bit. He had gray-ish fur with a white under-belly and a collar that said, "Sabre," on it.

Marmalade said happily, "Oh, I've heard of him! He's Queen Cinnamon's pet. No-one really knows of him but me. She let me on a secret for once-" Marmalade cut herself off as everyone started at her in an odd way. She continued frantically, "We are... Good friends... Hehe."

Ginger thought to herself, "What ever happened to the food chain?" Then, she heard a loud roar from the sky and a gargantuan black dragon swooped down. It almost got her on the spine but she quickly zipped away. She turned to the little dog, Raven, and Marmalade and screamed, "We need to go NOW! Don't worry, I still have the scroll. Raven, do you have that book Un-named gave you before the palace went all BOOM?!"

Raven looked frantically around, seemingly losing it, and saw that Sabre was holding the book in his jaws. He barked happily, wagging his tail. His collar jingled a bit.

Raven replied, "Yes, I have the book! Well, Sabre does. LET'S GO!"

After a few terribly long minutes, the four ran and galloped their way around the palace and climbed up the mountainside. Now, reader, you may think that horses can't climb up rocks. You might think their hooves might slip. Well, surprisingly, they didn't fall. It was like the spirit of Spera was helping them.

Ginger heard one more explosion as she made it against a tall, steep rock. She collapsed and closed her eyes, coughing and breathing heavily.

Marmalade trotted over to Ginger quickly and exclaimed, "Are you alright, dear?"

Ginger looked up, summoning all her strength, and said, "Yes, mom. I'm not a princess, you don't have to worry."

Raven said hastily, "Let's read this book that Un-names gave us." He gave a heave and opened the book with his black hoof. Inside was an alphabet in a language Ginger didn't recognize.

Raven read aloud, "Hm... Groc t'ine hyssm vangh."

Ginger cocked her head and exclaimed, "Wh-what?"

Raven closed his eyes, sighed, and retorted, "It's, "Hello, welcome to the dictionary," in Nachrictar, language of ancients. This entire book is in it. Good thing I was the only one who studied."

Ginger growled and said, "Read your stupid book later and let's hurry up. Wait," she paused and opened her map. It was a map of Fjell, River of Force, the Vast, and the Wild. There was also the Polar Birch Forest. Close to the Vast, though, was a little gray spot. She peered closer to it and saw that the gray dot was a swamp. Next to the dot had lettering that said, "If you are reading this, you are chosen to find the star that can defeat any creature with a single blow."

Ginger smiled a sarcastic smile and shouted, "Perfect! We have to run all the way to this STUPID swamp and get something from there. Ugh."

Marmalade sighed and exclaimed, "For the love of Cligron, stop whining! We will be alright. Let's go to the Polar Birch Forest," she placed her hoof on the point where it was, and traced it toward the swamp, "And walk over to there over the Vast. It won't take too long. Okay, dear?"

Ginger snorted and retorted, "Don't 'dear' me, mother. This is serious." She turned to the direction, according to the map, to the Polar Birch Forest. She groaned and exclaimed, "Let's go... I guess."