Exiled

"Why?" Natsu screamed in anger and frustration. He was hurt, he was in trouble for no apparent reason. Only Lucy, Happy, the dragon slayers, Mira, Levy, Romeo, Carla and Lily sided with him. However, everyone else seemed to be angered by his very face. The guild that he so valiantly fought to protect and was proud to be a member of was now attacking him with their magic. Even the mighty Salamander couldn't handle 300 wizards attacking him at full power. Especially since he didn't want to fight them, they would get hurt. He felt guilty for chastising Sabertooth, Fairy Tail was now worse than them!
"Natsu didn't do anything!" Lucy screamed, tears streaming down her face.
"We just got back from a job three minutes ago!" Happy screamed, taking a hit for Carla. He was badly hurt, but he loved Carla too much to back down.
"That's enough!" Natsu yelled, fury radiating from him.
"Master Makarov! I quit!" he yelled, flames erupting around his body.
The Master, who had just come from a meeting was shocked. With tears falling from his eyes, he beckoned Natsu to follow him towards his office. To his surprise, Lucy, Levy, Mira, the exceeds, Romeo, Laxus, Wendy and Gajeel came along too, wishing to quit too.
"What happened?" Master asked quietly.
"I came back and they started attacking me, claiming I was the reason that everything was in chaos, and why we always were in trouble with the Magic Council," Natsu sighed, whilst the others nodded in agreement.
The Master hesitated before removing their guild marks.
"My children, please return someday" the Master begged, tears rolling down his cheeks.
"If we do, I may come as an enemy of Fairy Tail" Natsu replied, his coldness shocking everyone.
"Very well then, but I hope you join us again," Gramps said, understanding Natsu's reasons.
"You may leave," he said sadly.
As they left, they could hear the guild mumble things like "Good riddance to bad rubbish" and "The pyro is finally going". Lucy looked at the Salamander in concern, she knew that he could hear everything they said. His eye twitched in anger and annoyance, but he remained silent.
"Goodbye my children, and have a safe journey. I will do as you instructed," the Master said telepathically, and each of the ex-members let a lone tear fall to the ground.
They grouped together in the street, forming a plan.
"I say everyone gather everything you'll need, and as much money as you can, then meet up tomorrow morning at the train station," Natsu suggested. The others agreed, then they parted.
The next morning, everyone was at the train station waiting for Laxus and Mira. They had gone back to the guild to get something. Soon they came, panting.
"Hey guys!" Mira greeted with her usual cheerful smile.
"Hey Mira, Laxus. Where were you guys?" Natsu asked cheerfully, flashing his signature grin. His eyes however, still showed hurt, Lucy noticed.
"Gramps told us to drop by and collect somethings" Laxus replied.
"So where are we going, Natsu?" inquired Romeo.
"To the mountains on the Eastern boundary of the Kingdom. We can start our training journey there!" Natsu replied, beaming in excitement.
"So what did you and Mira pick up from the guild?" Carla asked Laxus.
"A few million Jewel that Master kept in reserve, and the highest paying S class jobs we could find. Also, Master asked us to find and train under the most powerful Mage we can find, so that when we may come back- if we do- we all can be upgraded to SS class." Laxus replied.
"Guys, can I ask you all something?" Natsu asked seriously.
"Shoot ahead, Flame-brain," Gajeel said.
"Well, why did you come along with me?" he asked.
"Well, you're the one who brought me to Fairy Tail, and besides you've always been there for me, so I guess it's my turn," Lucy replied, looking at her feet.
"I'll go anywhere you go!" Happy exclaimed, a paw in the air.
"I came because Lucy went with you, and she is my bestie," Levy explained.
"Us Dragon Slayers must stick together!" Gajeel remarked, with Laxus nodding in agreement.
"You're like an older brother to me," Wendy and Romeo said in unison.
"I came in case Nalu happens," Mira whispered to herself.
"Did you say something Mira?" Natsu asked, raising an eyebrow at her.
"No," Mira said smiling sweetly, whilst matchmaking.
Natsu wasn't convinced, but let it slide. He didn't want anymore trouble.
As they boarded the train, the Dragon Slayers begun to feel dizzy, including Wendy and Laxus. Mira seated everyone, so that the arrangements were as follows:
Her and Laxus
Wendy and Romeo
Gajeel and Levy
Lucy and Natsu.
Immediately the Dragon Slayers groaned, and rested their heads on their partners laps. As the train lurched forwards, the Dragon Slayers' faces turned a pale green, and they started to groan unceremoniously. Trying to comfort them, Lucy, Levy, Mira and Romeo played with their hair, relieving them slightly.
"Who do you think should train us, Gildarts?" Lucy asked.
"I mean he is an SS class wizard," added Romeo.
"I was thinking about one of the wizard saints," Mira replied, before adding,"Besides, no one knows where Gildarts is!"
"How about God Serena? I mean he is the strongest right?" Lucy suggested.
"That guy's a total jerk!" Mira retorted.
"He is the strongest of the Ten Wizard Saints, but there are stronger mages than him," Levy said, joining in the discussion.
"I suppose Zeref would be," Lucy sighed, disheartened.
"Or Acnologia!" Romeo chimed in, causing everyone to shudder.
"You know, I was reading a book the other day about a Mage who's power is greater than that of Zeref's and Acnologia's combined. Apparently, he does jobs that are above SS class, which are known as thousand year requests or millennium requests. If the legend is correct, then he/she is an L class wizard, which makes God Serena look like a complete beginner. Apparently, only two wizards are at this level, but no one knows who they really are, or where they live." Levy explained.
"So how come they haven't defeated Zeref or Acnologia yet, if they really do exist?" Lucy pointed out.
"Like I said, it's a legend," Levy replied defensively.
"But if it's true, it makes you wonder what kind of jobs these wizards take," Lily commented wisely.
"Aye" Happy replied in agreement.
"It would be nice if we could train under them, don't you think?" Carla said, whilst the others nodded in agreement.
The four Dragon Slayers had been listening in on the conversation, and were wondering what they could do with such power. Luckily, their intentions were pure.
Soon the train stopped in Clover Town, where they took out a flyer for defeating a demon. As soon as the train stopped the Dragon Slayers rushed of the train and sat on a bench, with their luggage at their feet whilst trying to regain their composure. As colour returned to their faces, they slowly stood up, and went off to search for an inn and a restaurant which was within their budget. An hour later, they ate and went to bed, planning on completing the job by tomorrow night.
Their lodges were in a hostel located outside the town, and was only for 1000J a night. They had four separate rooms, each pair from the train plus their Exceed.
Natsu was sitting on the simple hard floor of the balcony, looking out and up towards the starry sky, enjoying the cool breeze that caressed his abnormally high body temperature.
Lucy and Happy were already asleep, and he was careful enough to shut the door behind him, so they wouldn't feel cold and wake up.
' I wonder why bad things happen to me. Like the time where Lucy was killed, when Acnologia attacked, when Phantom Lord attacked us- I mean Fairy Tail- when Edolas had a civil war, when Lissana died and when Igneel left, then came back and died. I wonder who E.N.D is? How come Igneel couldn't kill him? Perhaps bad stuff deserves to happen to me, I mean I killed one of Lucy's best friends, Éclair, by killing that damn Phoenix. Maybe it's also because Zeref knows my name. I'll always remember Lucy's question, does magic just cause sadness and death? I wonder if Lucy and the others will eventually leave me, I mean Igneel did, so what's to stop them from leaving too?' Natsu wondered out aloud, a few tears falling from his eyes.
Suddenly he felt a warm pair of arms wrap around him, and he turned to see Lucy with tears in her eyes.
"I'll never leave you!" she cried, her lips trembling as she spoke.
"I'm sorry Luce, please forgive me," he whispered, whilst bringing her head towards his chest.
"It's ok," she whispered quietly, burying her head in his chest, whilst hugging him tightly and sniffing.
They walked back inside, and got into their beds, and before long they fell asleep.