Living Death

1.

After dying a painful death, I reincarnated.

No. I am not going to give credit to whatever that killed me. It is famous enough as it is.

So! Reincarnation. Didn't think this thing really works.

Can't say I really enjoy my reincarnated life though, at first. I mean, for one. I was left to be raised in a special Church.

Apparently, because I was born in this life with a /Black Heart/ mark, it means that, you know. I am marked.

In this world, marked is nothing unusual. Not marked, is what gets people's attention. So, I can be said to be born rather normal. Just, it's that /Black Heart/ that gives me trouble.

/Black Heart/. It means, I am blessed by the God of Death.

Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhh. Not funny.

Anyway, what miffed me was not the fact that my parents 'abandoned' me. I use that term rather loosely, because it's not like they don't want me. I know that they want me, since they regularly exchange letters with me. They just can't believe the fact that I am blessed by God of Death. People also fear of what will happen to us, my parents and I, if I stay with them.

I think, nothing too bad will happen, mostly. But, who knows what they think? Aside from my parents, it's not like the people around them want me to be around anyway. So, with the excuse for my own safety and my parents' peace and health, I was shipped off to be raised in a special Church.

More explanation will come later, I am going to complain again now. I need to get this out first. Okay, so! Blessed by God of Death, that I can accept. Living in a special Church, that I can accept. Reincarnated in this world with this condition, that I can accept. What I can't accept is... My name!

Oh my God of Death, why do you let them name me this?!

Hear me. My name. It is. Lie Cogent.

Make sense? As if.

My first name, the name I am stuck with for the rest of my life, is Lie. My last name, changeable as long as I am married... which doesn't seem to be happening in my life too, is Cogent.

My name was finalised from the moment when my Mother saw me after giving birth to me. Because my life is a lie.

Which, ironically, is a complete lie.

I know the real version of it. The one that wasn't twisted to make it sounds like my parents abandoned me.

After giving birth to me, and saw the /Black Heart/ mark on below my eye, my Mother did scream out, "Lie! Lie! It's a lie!" in hysteric

I was taken out of the room so I wouldn't be shocked by the screams of denial and grief, as my Mother's imagination worked into a frenzy.

My Father, who was waiting outside, saw the newly born me, and the /Black Heart/ mark. Instead of screaming like his wife, Father cried instead. I didn't know who it was then, but someone said that I would be in danger there, so they told the nurse to send me away, to rest in another room.

Now. That would be a good idea, they thought. Putting me in a separate room, they did. As a baby, I could do nothing but accepted whatever they did to me. I was dirty, so they washed me. I was hungry, so they feed me. I was sleepy, so they put me to sleep.

It wasn't until much, much, much later, when I visited these memories again in boredom, that I realised. The room was big. The things are extravagant. There were a lot of people going around. I must be a rich girl, born to rich parents.