My First Kiss Went A Little Like This

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HxH franchise, sadly L Also, this is NOT yaoi- though there IS a kiss.

...

My First Kiss Went A Little Like This...

Our two favorite teenaged hunters sat across from each other in a cozy café. This wasn't uncommon by any means. In fact, they'd been to the exact same café at least a dozen times in the month since they'd returned to Yorknew City for a visit. No, them simply being there wasn't uncommon. What was uncommon was the fact that neither had said so much as a word to each other the entire time they'd been there. Killua's milkshake had been reduced a thin liquid, remnants gliding down the side of the moist glass and adding to the sticky mixture collecting on the table. Gon's fries and half eaten sandwich had long been cold. Still, the silence persisted with Gon staring outside, his chin resting on his hand, and Killua staring at the table. Both of their faces were varying shades of pink- the older's cheeks much lighter than his assassin friend's.

So why were these two, who were best of friends, reduced to sitting in utter silence with flushed faces? What brought them to this point? Well, dear reader, our beloved hunters have just had their first kiss... with each other.

Gon and Killua wandered through the streets of Yorknew City, creating the usual ruckus that followed the two fifteen year olds. The two had woken up with no plans, freeing up an entire day for doing whatever adventuring they wanted. So what did the two decide to do on their free day? Go to their favorite café of course! .....the same one that they have been to so many times that the employees know them by name.

"Killua!" The green haired boy whined, following his friend, "Why can't we do something exciting? I wanna go on an adventure!" The former assassin rolled his eyes and kept walking.

"Because we go on adventures all the time. It'll be nice just taking it easy for once." He sighed hearing his friend start to whine his name again. "Forget it, Gon. I want a milkshake. You can't get a milkshake in the woods." He slipped his hands in his pockets, trying to keep from snapping at his friend.

"But Killua... Why can't we go somewhere else instead? I'm tired of going to the same old café." Gon picked up his pace to try to catch up to his friend who was walking increasingly faster.

"Because they have the best milkshakes, that's why. Now quit complaining. We'll do something later." His patience was wearing thin with his friend. Sure, he was the one who decided to stay with Gon all this time. So it was his own fault. But it still irked him that the boy never took it easy. Gon huffed behind him and ran so that he was at Killua's heels.

"But Killua-!" As soon as Gon opened his mouth, Killua spun around to yell at him, not realizing how close his friend had been. Gon collided with him and they both stared at each other with wide eyes and bright red faces, lips connected.

Suddenly Gon was at least ten feet away- both boys launching their bodies backwards to get away from the awkward contact. The two stood, staring at each other in the middle of the street, oblivious to anyone else, the color of their faces rivaling that of a ripe cherry. Usually when Killua would get embarrassed over something Gon said or did, the older would laugh and tease him. But in this unique situation, even Gon was reduced to a speechless blob of red.

It's not clear how long they stood there, looking more uncomfortable than ever before. Neither quite knew what to say. Killua wanted to yell at his friend, calling him an idiot and hitting him over the head. Gon wanted to tease the other, poking fun at his red face. But the duo kept quiet, the insults and teasing never quite leaving their mouths.