[HM] One In The Same.

Being what you were wasn't easy. Before Charles had found you, it had been a long struggle that you had to face on your own. It was difficult, growing up without being told that you were a mutant, and having to find out during a P.E. lesson during school, in front of the entire class and teacher. You left that school straight away, never dealing with the other kids and their cruel and harsh comments.

     When Charles had brought you to the mansion, he told you that you weren't the only mutant and that he was more than happy to help you learn and control your abilities. You were glad to be going to a school where you couldn't be seen as anything other than another student. Granted you never heard the other kids from your old school talking about you, but you knew that rumours were being spread and not just around school. The entire neighbourhood probably knew about you.

     Your parents drove you to the mansion, crying as they had to say goodbye. Your little brother wasn't sure what was going on, but when he saw your bags being taken from the car he immediately grabbed onto you and tried pulling back into the back seat, not wanting you to go. He screamed as kicked as your father put him in the car while your mother drove off, tears rolling down her face.

     It had been a couple of months since you had been dropped off at the mansion. You had a few friends. But few meant that you were able to count that number of friends on just one hand. Some of the others weren't really bothered by your presence or your mutation, but others were.

     It was during one of the training sessions when your skin turned to a light blue colour, small fangs dropped down from your canines and a small tail stuck out from your back. You were shocked when you heard one of the other students stifle a laugh behind you a mutter, 'Freak.' To one of their friends. They teased you relentlessly—that one group of people—while trying to get you to lash out.

     They learned that, along with your physical differences, you also had anger issues piled on top. Charles knew how difficult it was for you to stay calm, Alex had the same anger issues as you did.

     Luckily, Alex didn't join in on the teasing. He'd sit with you most days, granted he would have his arms crossed and a scowl on his face, while you read softly to him in the common room.

     Sean also liked being around you, often asking if you'd let him see you turn blue just so he could mess around with your tail. He'd lay his head on your lap while you read, often falling asleep, sometimes drooling on your leg—actually, that was more often than not.

     Lastly, Hank would also hang around you. Hank was the one who told you that Alex, Sean and himself were all recruited together by Charles and someone named Erik. He filled you in on a lot of things. He helped you catch up on the work that you missed, what the best books were, and what food was free for everyone to eat in the fridge.

     Most days, when you all sat in the common room, Hank would be sitting opposite you, reading his own book while sitting on a single sofa armchair. He would constantly look up from his book to watch you, almost mesmerised by you. He couldn't imagine that someone like yourself had a similar mutation to him. Although you didn't have the same feet or facial hair as him, you still had the blue skin and fangs.

     You never told him about the others picking on you, though, you knew what he was like. He would probably go up to them and try to get them to stop, getting himself picked on in the process. You didn't want that for him. You wouldn't wish the same pain you went through daily on anyone else. Mutant or not. Physically or mentally different.

     You tried not to mutate often. It saved you from going through daily mocking and teasing. Charles didn't understand why you were so adamant on staying physically 'normal' when it would be easier for you to gain control while being blue. He never read your mind, or the ones who were teasing you, because he never knew he had to.