The Sorting Hat [Part I]

So, I'm back now, very sorry for weird update schedules.
Xxxx

Entering Hogwarts was an experience he wished to have again. He was entering a new place, where nobody knew who he was. He could start over, no demigod business, no monsters that can kill him-hopefully-, and finally people weren't going to judge him for his heritage.

He quickly scanned the room. It looked to be a hallway of some sort.
'Annabeth would be impressed by the architecture' he thought mindlessly. It's been a while since he visited the camp, but he had a quest to get to.

The hall was rather crowded with first-year students glancing around with anticipation and seventh-year students talking. Nico was silent for most of it, drifting around like a shadow. Some people glanced at him.

Whatever. His thoughts wandered to the boy on the train.

Where was he?
Scanning the room, he found him talking to a kid that has vivid red hair, probably a first year as well.

Xxx

When the hat was singing, he was a bit freaked out, keyword bit. Many weird things had happened (like being trapped in a jar) to him, but a talking hat had been weird. Quickly, he lined up with the students. A teacher of some sorts was calling their names.

"Psst, what house do you think you're going to be sort in?" Asked a blonde haired kid.

"I'm not sure." If he was being honest, the green and silver table had interested him, but so had the red and golden one.

"Aren't you too old to be new?"

"I transferred here,"  the words tumbled out of his mouth, he never thought of it before. The kid had opened his mouth a minuscule, looking like he was doubtful of his story. But he was lucky, saved by the professor.

"Di Angelo, Nico!"