Back to Work

-- Y/N POV --
When I woke up the first thing I noticed was that I wasn't on the skelebro's couch. My surroundings weren't familiar, but still homely and comfortable. Trying to see more of the room, I shifted, and that was when I noticed Papyrus. Holding me close to his chest like a doll, his arms tight around my waist as he slept. He looked...adorable. I had never really seen him this relaxed before, even at the party or Muffets. Muffets! I was going to be late for work if I didn't leave soon!
After attempting to squirm out of Pap's arms I gently shook him.
"Hey... wake up. I have work.."
"Mmph."
"Papyrus!"
"Mmph!"
"I can't stay, I feel really bad already about taking so much time off before."
"...fine, I'll give you a lift to your apartment so you can change, then a lift to work, ok?" Pap lazily opened one eye and I smiled gratefully.
"Thank you, Papyrus."
" Anything for my queen."
"...Bonehead." He chuckled and kissed my forehead before getting up and starting to get ready.

When we arrived at Muffets, I had barely made it on time. Changing as quickly as I could into my uniform, I started my normal shift. It felt good to be working again, honestly, which given my lazy nature was unusual. Pap was there, watching me from time to time, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't avoid his table a little bit. I didn't think he'd care.
On my lunch break however, he spoke somewhat harshly to me if at all.
"Papyrus, is something wrong? You're...you're being really rude..." I spoke the last part more soft than my original tone, and received a sharp sigh.
"You're ignoring me.. I just don't know why..?" He asked. For the first time, I'd heard the hurt and confusion that laced his words.
"Oh, Papyrus... I wasn't doing it intentionally, I just, wanted to be able to focus. I'm sorry I hurt you... " I gently reached across the table and took his hand. He hesitated for a second before speaking.
"Should I leave?" He didn't sound rude this time, more thoughtful and considerate. C-u-t-e
"No! Of course not Papyrus." I sighed softly. "I don't want you to go. Please stay."
"Okay. " A pause; "Can we step outside a moment?"
"Sure. " I smiled softly and we rose to our feet, heading just outside the restaurant. Papyrus immediately pulled me close into a hug, his face nuzzling the skin of my neck and giving me goosebumps. My arms found my way around him, and we stood there for a few moments in silence.
"Pap?"
"Y/n?" I smiled as he said this.
" love ya."
" love ya too." Saying nothing more, we headed inside and I finished my shift.

-----------
Aaaahhh FINALLY another chapter! Sorry it isn't great. Or on time. Or long. I'm a pretty crappy author. Sorry about that. Anyway. Cya.