My Guardian Fairy (RyLen One Shot)

The beats of the club music reverberated through the walls as fairies danced in the middle of the stage, each has a silver pole to dance around, clinging to it like a monkey, syncing their moves with every beat.

Crowd gathered round the stage, cheering for every dancer to come forward or just even look their way, waving their money above their heads while I was busying myself with bottles of beer, watching from afar.

Lately, I’ve been experiencing the worst times in my life. My son hates me because I let my fiance go, just when he was used to call her mummy. Since that night Ava packed her things, Harley has been ignoring my calls. Even Harley wanted to get out of the house and points at Ava’s store every time we would past by, crying for mummy.

And since I couldn’t let him, he’d rather move back to my parent’s house, how our setup used to be like when I haven’t even found my girl yet. It didn’t even matter to him anymore. Just like my world, the bright lights in his had all died down, like the holidays were now over, and it was time to take off the happy memories that have been saved in our hearts.

Ava made it clear that she didn’t want anything to do with me, and I hate it because she was pregnant with my little girl. The doctor’s appointments, which I should have attended with her, has been canceled and moved on to dates she would know I wouldn’t be able to go and support her and our baby.

My life is over.

“You shouldn’t be wallowing yourself in too much alcohol.” I heard someone spoke up in front of me. Lifting my face up, it was one of the fairies that were previously dancing on stage, minding my personal space. “I’m Sparky.” Her voice was deeper than what I had exactly thought of, sounding more like a guy’s than a girl’s, but then again, perhaps this was just an effect of too much alcohol in my system.

“Are you going to drive home?” He asked as I kept on ignoring his answers. He counted the beer bottles on top of the table while frantically thought of how I was going to go home. “Oh my gosh! You’re a monster!” He cried out. Last I checked I was on my seventh bottle already, but then that was over an hour ago.

“Lenny, do you even talk? Did the cat have your tongue?” He asked, continuously. I didn’t even know how he had my name, perhaps he was a JCeazer, or someone in the club knew who I was. Even though this wasn’t the usual club I go to with my friends. I knew that if I went to Xanity or Scape, they’d probably holler at me every minute – I wouldn’t have any space at all.

“Oh my gosh!” He exclaimed, now getting the looks by the other attendees, even some of his co-workers had dropped by the table, asking him what’s up.

“Oi Sparky, I see you finally met your dream boy.” Some girl serving drinks commented.

“Shut it, Brannie. You’re just jealous!” Sparky uttered to a girl named Brannie, I mean that’s what I heard from him. “But Brannie!” He suddenly squealed. “Hold me!” He uttered, clinging to Brannie for his dear life while shifting his gaze between the girl and I. “My fairy wand worked, I’ve left him speechless!”

Brannie rolled her eyes, not believing whatever Sparky had to say. “He obviously just didn’t want to talk to you. Stop disturbing him, he looks like he wanted some time alone.” They argued as I grunted. All these noise were kind of annoying now.

As I stood up, I took my wallet out and left a couple of dollars to pay for what I have ordered as the two also stood up in front of me.

“We won’t let you drive home alone. You’re drunk.” Sparky stopped me, grabbing my arms. However, it just didn’t matter to me any longer. Slapping off his hands, I noticed Sparky forced himself not to squeal at that touch, and just follow me to where I was heading to.