Your Voice

I opened my eyes - I know I'm in a hospital based on my surroundings - and felt nothing but pain. I can see some people fast asleep, but I didn't recognize their faces because it's really painful to move. I don't have any slightest idea why I'm here nor what happened to me.

Minutes and hours passed, I still don't know why I'm here, - even if I try to squeeze all my memories out - until I heard a voice inside my head, a man's voice (he's singing ) , a voice which can attract and can melt any girl's heart. His voice is full of sweetness and it seems to have a spell to attract people and yes, that spell worked on me.

I closed my eyes and I realised that I was already smiling and enjoying the mysterious voice in my head.

In the middle of my enjoyment, my smile turned into a frown because the singing came to an end and silence filled inside my head but suddenly the voice came back again and he wasn't singing but instead, he's talking to someone - I don't know who's he talking to - and the way that he talks was calm but suddenly, his calm voice turned into panic and he started shouting something then something popped inside my head, it was a place, a city full of busy people and full of buildings.

It was clear at first but it started to blur and it's dimming, but before it turns to black, I saw a man who's telling something I can't hear - and it's really blurry - then it abruptly turned to black then a bright light was the only thing in my head.

***************************************
| flashback |

It was so bright and I can hear many people talking. The brightness was slowly fading and I can see people's faces and someone suddenly hugged me. "Congratulations Light! Your father and I are so proud of you and we're really happy that you graduated already." My mother congratulated me and was tearing up. "Yes, your mother is right. And we're planning to go to London for our graduation gift for you!" my father said with a bright smile on his face. I thanked them and hugged them and because of my excitement I kept jumping like a kid who got a candy. I'll finally see her again! My best friend.

Many things happened in my life and it's full of happiness - I also encountered sadness but the majority was happiness - and that includes my happy family, my wealthy family, I graduated in a prestigious and popular school, I'm so close in traveling the whole world and so many more. I can proudly say that I have a perfect life.

My phone vibrated in the middle of my work. I was speechless about what my father told me and I went to the hospital. I wasn't expecting this to happen! All I expected was happiness and joy.

My mother was hit by a car and the doctors weren't able to save her. My father and I was so devastated at that time but years passed and we tried to move on about it but my father changed.

My father became a drunkard and our company was taken for granted and an unexpected thing happened again. My father was involved in a car crash and because of that our company was forced to shut down. I was the only one left and I'm the only one who's helping myself to live in this miserable and cruel world.

My life changed in just a quick snap, before, it was full of happiness but now it's full of sorrow and pain. I'm in a deep desperation and depression. I often cry everyday and hurt myself everyday and thinking about joining my parents to where they are now but something's telling me that everything will be useless; my parent's hard work for me, all my hard work and also the name that my parents gave me.

My parents named me Light because they said that if ever my life is full is of problems, I will always learn to find and bring back the light within me but I think it's just useless.

I think I already know why my life is like this. It's because of my pride about my (perfect) life (before).

***************************************