So Much for a Happy Ending

I was done with Deadlyland. We still had 4 days of this place, but I was done. I couldn't handle it anymore. But I still needed that last bit of fear to leave me. So, before we left the hotel, we looked for a final ride.

We picked out an out of the way ride, that was almost impossible to find. It was Cinderella, and we couldn't figure out how bad this would be, so we gathered our hope and courage, and started for the entrance.

The entrance was awful. It smelled rancid, with blood staining the walls. I could tell because my flash was on. Since the ride was basically empty, we got through it with ease. It was basically the opposite of Beauty and the Beast. It did have color, a pale blue and faded gold, but the red of the blood stood out like white against black. It was bad enough at this point. But it only got worse.

As we actually got on the ride, we heard a recorded tape playing a sound of many people screaming. As unsettling as it was, I still got in the cart, strapped on the seatbelt, and waited for the ride to begin.

When it did, I realized it was like It's A Small World. The cart was floating over water at a slow pace, and merry music played in the background. Instead of little porcelain dolls singing to us, we saw scenes of the Cinderella story, where her father goes on a trip and never comes back, Cinderella constantly cleaning the house, and then there is the final scene where the stepmother makes Cinderella stay home and not go to the ball. Then it gets weird and horrible. I see a life-like animatronic figure of Cinderella weeping, then the Fairy Godmother comes to assist her. But, for some reason, Cinderella has a knife, and unknowingly kills the Fairy. Realizing what she's done, she tries to stop the blood, but only manages to save her for a second before fatality. Shamed of what she's done, she hangs herself, making a noose with some yarn and tying it to a loom.
Author's Note: a loom is a form of weaving in olden days. The loom consisted of a wooden frame with thin white strings and small hooks to keep the strings in place.

Well, after she put the noose in place, she wrapped it around her neck and, well, she choked herself.

But something wasn't right. The blood looked suspiciously real, and the skin on Cindy and the Fairy Godmother were flesh looking, as if these two things were real people. My instincts kicked in, telling me they were real. After all, I shouldn't be surprised that they were real, but to actually witness a girl murdering an old woman was too much.

I closed my eyes, hoping I wouldn't see anymore. But then, a female voice said over a loudspeaker,

"You see, how Disney changes the true story? I never got my prince charming. Ariel was always a mermaid. Beast never changed back into a human, and Tiana, poor Tiana, was killed by Naveen. None of us ever got our happily ever after. Not even Aurora or Elsa. But Elsa was always a sweetheart, which is why she didn't kill you."

I turned around, expecting a gruesome form of Cinderella. But when I did, I was surprised. She wasn't at all that bad. She looked like she did when she was cleaning, but her dress was covered in blood. I wanted to hug her, I felt so bad, but she was zombie-like in facial features. Her eyes were glazed, her complexion was pale, and her movements were slow.

She tumbled, tripping over her own feet, and landed at the beginning of the water. Her face was implanted into the sand, so I jumped out of the boat to help her. I swam her direction, hoping she'd make it, but I realized, she's already dead. It wouldn't matter. Ignoring the thought, I swam towards her.

When I got to her, I picked her up bridal style, and carried her to the shore. Her hands wrapped around my neck, not tightly, but firmly, so she was secure. I knew not to trust her immediately, as she could easily turn on me right now, but I did trust her a bit.

I laid her down on the ground making sure she couldn't roll anywhere. She looked up at me with thankful eyes, and said,

"Your kindness means a lot to me. No one ever gave me such kindness. For that, I grant you safe passage through Deadlyland. The other gals and gents witnessed what you did, and your kindness touched their hearts. So for that, we thank you."

I never felt so gratified. I was so happy that I trusted her. She was the kindest of them all. But I had to leave. I promised myself nothing would change that. But I had to say goodbye to these poor people, so I swam towards my friend and helped him out of the boat. Cindy had already walked away, but I could've sworn I saw her smile at me once.

When we left the ride, I walked to Beauty and the Beast. Immediately knowing where they were, I smiled at them, waved, and yelled goodbye.

I did the same for everyone else. I even saw Ariel, who wasn't that bad. She was also kind, as she gave me a beautiful seashell. Then we got our bags and left.