Chapter 1- Letters

Chapter 1
           I sigh heavily when I open my eyes, looking at the dark brown mahogany wood of my small bed. "Olivia!" my mother yells as if she was trying to ruin my Monday even more. After she calls my name a second time I get up and rub my eyes. I finally yell back at her, "Be down in a minute mum! I'm gonna wake up Callie!"

           Callie groans in despair. I roll my rather large blue eyes. After trying to coax her to get up for the past like 10 minutes, I resort to tickling her. I sigh and think, 'She's never gonna let me go without getting back at me.'

             Finally Callie rolls over, giggling uncontrollably, while trying to put one leg on the floor. She looks at me with her big hazel eyes wearily. "You know, I'm gonna get you back for this," Callie tells me when I finally stop tickling her. "Okay." I grin. "Oh and my mom wanted us downstairs, and we don't want to see her mad on a Monday." Callie's eyes widen and she beckons for us to come downstairs.

              Whilst downstairs, my mother gives Callie and I each a letter. She says she doesn't recognize the address it was sent from. Who would want to send two 11 year old girls letters out of the blue? Callie and I both look at each other with uncertainty. I shrug and start opening the letter. In my letter, it says:

Dear Ms. Williams,

     We are pleased to inform you that as you now have turned eleven years of age, you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Term begins September 1 at Platform 9 3/4, but we expect your reply no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

  Minerva McGonagall
  Deputy Headmistress

            I look at Callie's letter to see she has the same words.  My mother gives us weird looks and says, "Can I see one of your letters, girls?" I give her my letter and as she reads her eyes widen and she squeals with happiness. Callie and I look at each other.... We know there is something she's not telling us and I look at her with questioning eyes. She looks over at us with a sad smile and beckons is to follow her to the couch. We all  sit down and she starts talking.

           "Girls, there is something that I've been hiding for many years. I just couldn't tell you before. That letter- that letter... is a invitation to a magic school because both of you girls are clearly witches. Olivia, you are what we call muggle-born. It means that your parents are muggles but somewhere in your family is a wizard or witch. But when you go to this school, you may be teased about your blood type. Don't let that crush you. Th- they may call you a-.... a m-mudblood," my mothers eyes are shiny with tears. "I'm so sorry to keep this from you. Oh- and Calista, you are a half-blood. Your witch mother married a muggle, or a person without any magic heritage," she then breaks down because I assume she thinks that we'll be angry. Actually, it's really the exact opposite.

              "Ms. Williams.... it's alright. We aren't sad or disappointed in you. We actually think that this will be great!" Callie exclaims, enthusiasm dripping from each word. "We'll be able to handle ourselves. We'll have each other, and hopefully make some friends." I nod eagerly at what Callie's saying. We'll be going soon, it's already July 20th. "Okay girls. You'll have to go to Diagon Alley with Mrs. Cannon. She's a witch and will be taking you to the Leaky Cauldron, which isn't far from us because it's in London, too," my mother says before adding, "I'll call her right now to pick you girls up. Go get ready." As she shoo's us away, my brain is asking 100 questions a second.

             After I pull myself to at least look presentable, pulling my long white blonde hair into a ponytail while wearing a simple dark gray Hunger Games shirt with black shorts.

*DING DONG*

           "Calista! Olivia! She's here!" my mother calls from the stairs. Callie and I look at each other with happiness evident in our eyes. I'm going to learn magic. We are going to learn magic. I can feel the excitement building fairly well.

End of Chapter One!