Chapter 41 - Holding on

HEY GUYS sorry I'm late again, I really wanted to update in February but I fell sick twice OTL plus school has been ultra busy with like 11 projects this semester, I hope I can update soon ;_; BUT I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY THIS CHAPTER, I feel so rusty after not touching this for so long (i tried) ._. 

btw I read every comment that you guys drop me and I'm really grateful for all of you! It really encourages me that so many of you still follow OAAP despite the slow updates and it makes me want to write more for you guys :) SO PLEASE DON'T STOP LEAVING ME COMMENTS bc it makes me veri excite :> ok I'll stop talking, please enjoy!! ^^

---

"C-Could you say that again?"

I blushed deeply, still sniffing back from my tears. "I-Idiot." My cheeks were burning from the words that fell out of my mouth.

"But you...didn't you reject me before?" Yuzuru asked with confusion in his voice. "Do you...do you really mean it?"

I broke away from his arms, looking at him in the eye.

"O-Of course I mean it!" I replied, my heart racing. "I...I just...I didn't make myself clear that time." My hands were quivering as I answered him.

Oh God, I wasn't even ready to tell him yet. Curse me and my damn mouth-

"I really, really love you too, June," He smiled with tears in his eyes, gently holding my hand. I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes as well, overwhelmed with emotion. "I really, really love you."

"S-Stop it..." I buried my face in his shoulder, hiding my face. "This is so embarrassing..."

"This is your punishment, for letting me carry all this love by myself all this time." He laughed, wrapping his arms around my back.

"I'm sorry for making you wait so long." I pulled him in tighter, breathing deeply. "I'm sorry for running away when you needed support. I promise I'll be here from now on."

"Here?" Yuzuru grinned, pointing to where his heart was.

"Jeez, you're so cheesy!" I laughed bashfully, hitting him lightly. "Yeah, yeah. There. Whatever."

"I'm really happy tonight. I think this is the happiest I've ever been. I can't stop smiling," he beamed, holding me in his arms.

"I'm really happy too."

"Thank you." He whispered, leaning in closer. My face burned up as I felt his heated gaze inching closer, as if his eyes were staring straight into mine. I tried to look away, but I felt myself freezing up.

"Yuzuru!"

We seemed to snap back to reality as a call for Yuzuru brought us back. He seemed to be more flustered than before as he wiped his palms on his suit. I breathed deeply to calm myself down, confused over the last few moments before Keiji called out for him.

"Y-Yeah? I'm here!" Yuzuru replied, signalling to Keiji. "What's up?"

"They're calling us back for a group photo. June too!"

"Alright! We'll be right there," Yuzuru nodded, looking back at me. He seemed more settled, smiling at me as he took my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. "Let's go."

"Mn."

--- ---

"You are the craziest guy I've met, Yuzu." Javi grinned and slipped his arm around my waist as we posed for the camera with our medals. "That performance was crazy."

"The lutz, though..." I chuckled, shaking my head. "I just can't get it right."

"Congratulations on your gold - again!" The photographer gave me a thumbs-up as he snapped one last shot before heading out of the rink. I looked down as I picked up the gleaming medal hanging around my neck. It's still pretty unbelievable, eh...