- run away with me : korekuni ryuuji

Ambling out from the capacious studio, Ryuuji idly sucked on a lollipop, the bursting flavor of sweetness permeating across his tongue distant from his train of thought, before popping it from his mouth upon discerning a familiar figure loitering in the hallways. However, before he could vociferate for your attention, he espied mussed tresses and a dissimilar countenance blathering to you. "Who's that? I haven't seen him before..." Ryuuji murmured to himself, lips instinctively twisting into a moue as he scuttled out of view but kept his attentiveness riveted onto your form.

Scrutinizing the nuances of blithe uplifting your features as you prated with the unknown male brought forth abundant harrow in Ryuuji, and he found a wrenching sensation grip at his chest - why did you make such faces at someone else? He didn't understand. And in a way, he didn't want to, either. Without coveting to witness anything more, Ryuuji sprinted away from the scene while allowing himself to be swallowed by the searing trepidation filling his entity.

After that incident, Ryuuji avidly avoided confrontation with you; locking away his true feelings deep inside his heart, occluding you from descrying how black and mutilated they were. Whenever you endeavored to talk with him, he'd shoot down your attempts with staid remarks before making up a pathetic excuse to leave.

"Ah, Ryuuji-kun!" Capturing his attention as he exited the building, noticing how the iridescent skeins of sunlight illuminated his immaculate hair, you hurriedly scampered over to him. Judging by the farouche expression adorning his mien, he wasn't too pleased to speak with you - but you obdurately tried to ignore it. "It's been a while...!"

Unable to rack his brain for a reason to escape, Ryuuji inquired, "Do you need me for some-- Huh?" In that moment, your name rolled off of someone's tongue, rupturing his composure; and as the origin drew closer, Ryuuji felt every axon in his body scream. Without warning, he seized your hand and hastily dragged you away from the male approaching. "Don't go with him, [Name]-chan!"

That whisper, overflowing with hurt, imbued incredulity in you, but you didn't make an effort to cease what was happening up to the point Ryuuji had hauled you far away. "Ryuuji-kun... What's wrong?" you questioned softly, stiffening slightly as his grasp on your hand became tauter.

Scrunching his face, Ryuuji pivoted on his heel to completely face you and you could see every detail of pain marring his prepossessing profile. "I don't," he began slowly, enunciating his words as he ruminated on what to say. "...like it when you talk to him. I want to be the one you smile at."

The surly attitude in which he spoke evoked boundless fondness in you alongside his words - but you knew displaying this sense of exultation was wrong, so you kept it hidden away. "He's my friend. Besides, no one makes me as happy as you do," you elucidated sincerely, finally giving Ryuuji's hand a gentle squeeze to ease the tension dripping off his shoulders.

Shifting his gaze around, Ryuuji inhaled deeply as a raspberry powder dusted over his pallid complexion. "So, you don't like him?" he asked tentatively, the vivid hues of jealousy bouncing off his tone. Just as you shook your head, Ryuuji relinquished his clutch over you and tightly encircled his arms around you. "Thank goodness..."

Bringing yourself to hug him back, you explicated, "The only one I like is you, Ryuuji-kun."

A sigh brimful of solace fell from his mouth before he brought his face to yours. Vanquishing the horrid thoughts that once pervaded through his mind like a thick fob, Ryuuji murmured, "I like you, too. You're my girlfriend now." And before you could comment, Ryuuji's lips covered yours in a chaste kiss.