Chapter 2

I raced to work, unsure what my boss would think when I walked through that door late. I had never been late to anything, always professionally early, but I had over slept with Amy and forgot I had to be at work early this morning. When I walked through the door I was surprisingly only a minute late. I breathed a sih of relief and clocked in. The boys sat around the toolbox as I shoved on my jacket uniform. "Why do you look..." Tim, one of my good friends, said. "I was late this morning. Amy had me all caught up in her that I lost track of time. I'm only a minute late." I said walking towards them. They all laughed. We dispersed to our stations and began working on the cars that were brought into us. My first one was a soccer moms van. The breaks and gas pedal were sticky, and she was worried she'd get into an accident. I told her it would be about two days or so because if she wanted it to be safe, I wanted to drive it first to make sure it was safe.

"Did you guys catch the game last night?" I asked as everyone else worked. "Hell yeah. Great game." Tim yelled from under the car he was working on. "I watched it with Maddy. I'm surprised she knew what was going on. Later she told me her dad was the football coach in middle school, and she used to play." Paul said from the work bench. "I watched it with Amy but she didn't really get what was going on. I explained everything to her and I think she's getting the hang of it." I said laughing, "She likes NASCAR more."

"Only cause her pop is a racer." Tim said leaning against the car now. "Well of course. She's also raced herself." I said

They all stopped for a moment, taken back about what I just said. "What?" I asked confused. "Amy's raced before?" Tim asked.

"Yeah. At Oakshade, the place we used to take all those girls." I laughed, thinking back to the memories. "So you're tellin' me all this time we took all those girls to the races when your true girl was out there getting dirty?" Paul asked laughing. "Yeah." I chuckled.

I got home later that night, seeing a note from Amy. "Out with my mama and the girls. Be back tomorrow morning. xoxoxoxo" I sighed and plopped myself down on the couch to watch a little bit of the news.

Before I knew it, the morning sun was waking me up in my warm bed. I rolled over to see a mess of carmel hair laying on the pillow next to me. I smiled and inhaled the smell of the freshly cut grass next doors. Amy stirred awake and drowsley smiled at me. "Morning sunshine." I said tucking her hair behind her ear. "Morning." She whispered. Every morning she seemed to take my breathe away. Like the night I had to pick her up from a friends party. She woke up the next morning with smeared makeup and a pounding headache. Even though she felt hideous I thought I was looking at perfection. She constantly complained about how she looked like a racoon, so she removed all her makeup. I was amazed that someone could look so beautiful in the sunlight, without makeup.

She wrapped her arms around me and scooched coser to me in the bed. Her warmth surounded my body as our skin touched. She kissed my lips tightly and then looked me dead in the eyes. It was like my kisses were intoxicating, she couldn't stop smiling after every kiss, nor could she get enough of my kisses. She rolled herself onto me and kissed me over and over again. After finally having her fix of my kisses; she laid her head on my chest and we both just breathed. I could her feel her heart beat almost the same beat as mine, I felt every breath she took, I could feel her eyelashes brush my bare chest, all of this was so precious to me.

Before I knew it I was rushing around to get ready for work, five mintues late to work. I cussed a storm as I walked over to the car I was working on. "Another late day?" The guys laughed near the work bench. I laughed, "At least it's worth it." They all agreed and went back to working on their veichles. "Brantley?" A voice said behind me as I crouched down next to the car I was working on. I stood and turned around to see my boss standing there. He didn't look mad, so I assumed he didn't know I was late today. "I'm gonna need you to run some parts for me later today. Over in oaksdale." He said pointing to a box near the garge door. "The adress is on the bod, the guy said to just leave it outside the main door if he wasn't there when you got there."