A stand for foxes

She rushed to the ZPD. The front entrance was blocked off completely by protesters that had gathered over the day. Trying to go through that while being a fox would basically be suicide.

She went around to the back were the officers parked and went in. She knocked on the steel door several times. A moment later Clawhouser opened the door.

"I need to get to the hospital to see my son. Protesters are outside it and I can't get in without help." the fox said instantly. 

"Umm, who is you're son?"

"Nick Wilde"

Clawhouser's jaw dropped.
"He told everyone he hasn't seen you in 20 years...he thought you were dead."

Clawhouser informed the chief and Bogo took the Ms. Wilde in his squad car to the hospital. 

Over a hundred protesters had gathered outside the hospital. They chanted things like
"Fox down?! Stay down!"
"ZPD corrupt! Ditch the fox!"

Some held signs and other held FoxAway merchandise. Several news vans were there as well.
Bogo was able to find a door that didn't have many protesters near it and lead her through there.

Bogo knocked on Nick's rooms door and halfway entered. Nick was sitting up at the time.
"Wilde, you have a very special visitor."
Ms. Wilde peaked inside the room and then saw Nick. She ran over to him as fast as her 65 year old legs could move her and embraced him.
Nick was in total shock.
"Mo-mom?"

"Oh Nick where have you been?" She said as tears started to fall from her face.

"I-I-I, your alive?"

Nick explains to her the story of what happened when he was 9, how Finnick had found had found him outside the ranger scout building,  how he ran away to go prove he could be more than just a fox, which had failed horribly until he met Judy,  how he became a cop, and how he had been shot by FXF member Duke.

"I tried to contact you a few years after I ran away..I went to our old house, I tried our phone, but I couldn't find you." Nick said.

"Oh...I had to sell the house and move into a smaller one. And I just couldn't afford a phone, heck I can barely afford candles to keep the house lit."

Nick noticed how poor she had become. Her clothes were old and torn in places, and her coat was made of rags sew together. She was also very skinny and looked deprived of food.

"Ever since they made it legal to reject job applications for being a fox, I haven't been able to find a job anywhere. So I just walk around Zootopia looking for change dropped on the ground." She said.

Then she turned to Judy who had been awkwardly sitting to the side while they talked.

"Oh I forgot to introduce myself! Martha Wilde, a pleasure to meet you"

"Judy Hopps"

"Oh you must be his partner? I saw in the newspaper that his partner Judy was with him when he was shot"

"She's my partner and my girlfriend" said Nick, looking at Judy

"My, my is that so? I thought when you were little you told me you were going to marry this cute girl at your school named Gazelle." Martha joked.

"You went to school with Gazelle?!" Judy said in amazement.

"Yup. I even stared in her first performance....well ok it was a school play...and I was a tree in the background, but still" Nick said.

They all laughed.
Then chief Bogo entered the room.
"Ms. Wilde, I must be getting back to the station now...protesters are getting violent."