Chapter 9: The Best Gifts Dont Come Under The Tree

With Bemily
It was 10:00 and Benji and Emily had just woken up and started getting ready. "I can't believe I'm four months pregnant today!" Emily said. "And it's December." Benji said coming up behind Emily and rapping his hands on Emily's bump as he kissed her cheek.

"Stop! Don't forget my four month check up is today at 12:00. We need to be getting ready. Not messing around." Emily said then started brushing her teeth. Benji went to take a shower. They finished getting ready and headed downstairs.
Emily's Outfit:

They got downstairs and were greeted by the girls

They got downstairs and were greeted by the girls. "Hey Emily. You look nice today." Becca said. "Yeah? Well I don't feel nice." Emily said heading into the kitchen. "How do you feel?" Chloe asked as Emily entered the kitchen. "Fat, bloated, crapy." Emily said. "Oh honey. That's just the beauty of  being pregnant." Becca said. "How would yo..." Emily started to say but cut herself off. "Sorry. Emily said. "No. It's fine." Becca said. But Emily could tell she was not fine because she saw a small tear slip from Becca's eyes.

"Your crying. Crap. I'm sorry I didn't mean to get you upset." Emily said as she started to cry. "It fine. Really. Why are you crying?" Becca asked wiping away the tears. "Because I'm a hormonal pregnant teenager." Emily replied and her and Becca both laughed. Benji then looked at the time and spoke up. "Excuse me girls. I'm sorry to break this up but we have to get going." Benji said tapping his watch. "Oh yeah. I have my four month check in today." Emily said as she grabbed her purse. "Bye. Good luck." Becca and Chloe said. "Thanks." Emily waved and her and Benji left.

They got in the car and headed off. The care ride was silent until Emily got a text. She looked at it and saw it was from her mom. She also had 2 missed calls.

KATHERINE: Emily I've been trying to call you! You need to get to the hospital as soon as possible! Gracie's appendix burst during school and she was rushed to the hospital! She is in surgery now! I'm here alone and I'm a wreck! 😭
EMILY: OMG! Is she ok!?

"Oh my god! We need to re schedule my appointment!" Emily yelled. "What!? Why!?" Benji asked as he pulled into the parking lot of the doctors office. "My sister is in the hospital in surgery!" Emily cried. "What! What happend!?" Benji said and panicked as he wiped out of his parking spot and sped off. "My sisters appendix burst during school and she was rushed to the hospital! She is in surgery now and my mom is there alone! She says she is a wreck!" Emily cried.

They got to the hospital and rushed into the waiting room to find Emily's mom bawling. "Mom!" Emily cried as she walked to her mom and embraced her in a hug. "Emily! Benji! Thanks for coming." Katherine said. "Anything for Gracie." Emily said and everyone sat down. Emily handed her mom a tissue and grabbed one for her self. "This does not help the fact that I'm a pregnant hormonal teenager." Emily said and her and her mom laughed.

"I'll be back. I'm gonna go reschedule your appointment." Benji said and left. "Oh. You had an appointment. I'm sorry." Katherine said. "Mom it's fine." Emily said putting her hand on her moms leg. "Gracie is more important right now." Emily said. "And so is your baby's health." Katherine said. "My baby's not going to die. But Gracie is a different story. My baby can wait. Gracie can't." Emily said as Benji came back. "Yeah. Your right. But you need to check on your baby." Katherine said. "Yeah I will mom." Emily said and hugged her mom.