Jealous Caspian

Jealously was not an emotion, mood that Caspian enjoyed. The twist of his stomach, the self-doubting it brought. He hated that he wanted to ring out the boy's neck from the moment he had looked at Lucy. And now that he was talking to her, making her laugh…he just touched her arm.

"Caspian!" A hand waved in front of his face and he stumbled backwards in surprise. Peter was looking at him with a small smirk and Caspian cleared his throat. "Peter. I trust you are enjoying the ball for the return of the Golden Monarchs?"

"Indeed." Peter was still smirking, "It doesn't appear that you are though?"

"I beg your pardon?" Caspian stuttered. Peter laughed a bit, "I've noticed where you attention has been since Lucy was announced. Jealous, are we?"

Caspian turned bright red and Peter laughed again. "It's alright Caspian. Edmund told me about your feelings after they had return from the Dawn Treader."

"How…?"

"Oh, Caspian. Your feelings were not as subtle as you believed." Peter shook his head in amusement "After we returned to Narnia and it was clear we we're going to be staying…we discussed it further. And we decided that if anyone was a good match for Lucy, it would be you." Peter glanced sideways at him, "We believe she's begun to fancy you as well."

Caspian looked back towards Lucy and now realized that she looked annoyed. Her laughter was fake as was her smile- until she caught Caspian looking at her. Her eyes brightened and she mouthed Help me.

....

Caspian held hands with Lucy's hand. They had been courting for several months- it had become a tradition between them to sit outside in the garden, but off the beaten path, among the flowers. They arrived at the same spot they always sat and they settled as they always did, Caspian sitting with Lucy's head in his lap.

They would lie like this for hours, usually until someone had to come get them for dinner. Caspian began to run his fingers through Lucy's hair. "I don't understand how you still get jealous." She mused.

"Quiet easily." Caspian shrugged, "I have the most beautiful woman in all of Narnia, inside and out. Why shouldn't I worry about any man who tries to woo you?"

"Because I can't be wooed by anyone else Caspian." Lucy rolled her eyes at his antics.

"I still worry." Caspian twirled a strand of her hair around his finger. "Someone could steal you away from me- I don't own you Lucy, nor do I wish to."

"I am my own person Caspian, and I appreciate that you realize you don't and can't own me; however, you do own an important part of me." Lucy pushed herself up from the ground to brush her lips against his, "My heart."

"Marry me?"

"Of course." They kissed sweetly, "But only because it will help with your unbearable jealousy." Lucy teased him and he groaned a bit. "You are never letting that go."

"You punched him Caspian."

"If I can't, you would have."

"That may be true…but….just don't be jealous anymore Caspian."

"As you wish…my fiancé."