Movie Information

INFORMATION WE ARE GIVEN-

Actor: Ludi Lin - "Then we've got Ludi Lin, who plays Zack, the Black Ranger," Israelite continues. "Ludi has had an adventurous life; he can tell you where he's lived in the world and the sort of mischief he's gotten himself into and out of. He personifies the wild spirit that Zack had and should have. There's never an emotional challenge or a physical stunt that Ludi will back away from and I think that courage embodies the original character perfectly(1)"

Official Synopsis On Character: "Zack, the Black Ranger (LUDI LIN) is filled with bravado and swagger. He is tough and cool on the exterior but has many layers beyond his fearless appearance. Zack advertises everything about himself, except the truth, which makes him feel deeply inferior to all his peers(1)"

Powers: Like all of the Power Rangers, he has superhuman strength, jumping, durability, and climbing.

WHAT WE KNOWN/ CAN INFER FROM THE MOVIE:

Ethnicity: Asian

Bilingual: Seen speaking to his mother in an Asian language, Mandarin, as they play chess on her bed. "For his storyline as Zack, the Black Ranger, Lin put his bilingual skills to work, incorporating Mandarin into scenes with his character's mother, who is bedridden and requires Zack's care(2)."

Education: He is often seen skipping school or just not attending at all, but at the end of the movie it is assumed he either starting going to school or stopped skipping. His mother questions whether or not he goes/went to school, but he avoids answering her.

Personality: Carefree, head-strong, acts before thinking,

Relationships: He confesses that he didn't have any friends before meeting the rest of the Power Rangers. He also tells them that he lives in a mobile park alone with his mother, who is very sick and that some nights he won't go home because he is afraid that one night she will die, leaving him alone in the world. Though, it's clear to see that they both worry about each other.

Flaw(Of Sorts): He is slightly insecure and feels somewhat inferior, as we can infer during the campfire scene. It's also safe to say that he was somewhat lonely before becoming a power ranger.

A FEW QUOTES I COULD FIND:

[All the Rangers glow with their Ranger colors]
Zack Taylor: [sees his color] I'm black!
Billy Cranston: [offended] What?
Zack Taylor: I am.
Billy Cranston: No, you're not.

[In the Pit when the rock-monster hologram clones are made]
Zack Taylor: It's just a hologram, like a video game.
[the hologram figure punches him]
Billy Cranston: That's a strong-ass hologram.

(1) https://powerrangersnow.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/movie-synopsis-character-bios/

(2) http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/diversity-power-rangers-reboot-film-brings-new-layers-well-known-n736786

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG WITH ANYTHING!!!!