Chapter 9: My Family

It's been about a month since Ella and I's vacation ended and now we're back to our normal homie life except now we have our little miracle on the way and couldn't wait till he or she is here. I takes exactly 6 months for an egg to fully develop and hatch. So we have plenty of time to prepare to be parents. We went to parenting classes and even bought some books.

After returning to work I found out that the special dessert I made for Ella got really popular while I was gone. Greg our manager said a customer saw it and wanted to try it out, now normally he would run it by me but that said customer was a food critic so he had no choice. So he made it and the critic enjoyed it so much he wrote and article about it on Squidtter and boom lots of squids of all ages came buy it at the restaurant.To say we were busy is an understatement.

And so that's pretty much how that month went by, now it's time for one of the worst week I can think off.

Meeting Ella's parents...

I really didn't want to go to there or ever, well can you blame me they hate me with a passion because of what happened to their son and they're gonna hate me even more for dating their daughter behind their back as well, so to sum it up the odds are against me with a Grim blaster aimed at me.

"Lizer would you please calm down" Ella's cute voice brought me back from my negative thoughts.

"I can't babe I'm nervous, scared the whole enchilada right now!" I said running a hand through my spiky tentacles.

Ella reached out her hand and rubbed my soulspot, since it's a sure fire way to calm me down. I immediately start to purr calming down.

God I love my fiancé!

We're on the train right now heading to our hometown Coralcreak it will take about 4 hours to get there and every minute that passes the more nervous I get. I guess Ella had enough of my thumping leg and pulled my head down on to her lap and continued to rub my spot.

"Look Lizer I know you're scared and rather not do this," Heck yeah! let's turn around right now I can transform and have us home in 2 hours top! I though smiling but Ella pinched me making me yelp." but remember why you're doing this, for closure and our little one" She reminded me and I sighed.

She was right that is why I'm doing this. I can't runaway and I don't want our son or daughter to think I'm a coward who can't face her fears.

"So Sweetie rest up,ok? I'll wake you up before we get there." Ella whispered and kissed my cheek. It took a while but I was finally able fall asleep.

Ella POV

After at least half an hour of rubbing Lizer's soulspot she finally was able to relax and get some shut eye.

I know she's nervous about going to see my parents but I don't want this regret and grudge around them anymore. Either my parents apologize and forgive Lizer or they will fail as parents!

After the train mention our stop I woke up Lizer, she was a bit that I didn't wake her up earlier so now she's pouting like a salty squid and I giggled at her.
"Quit the sour face sweetie I only let you sleep because you hardly got any yesterday what with all the work we had to do before leaving the restaurant in Greg's hand. Plus I didn't want you to worry yourself about my parents!"

She sighed pulling our bags," Fine you're right let's just get this over with." I smiled taking my own bag from her and called a cab to take us to my parents home.

After getting our bags and paying the cab driver. We both turned to the nice and familiar one story house. Noting much changed we still had our ordinary baby blue home with the standard white fence. I saw that dads car was here in the garage meaning he was home from work.