Chapter 1

October 3rd, 2005

Dear Journal,

I found this journal as I was sorting through some old things from before I left for college. I guess I must have forgotten about it since it was a gift from.... from... my dad. He gave it to me the day that I left. The day that I decided that I didn't want the type of lifestyle that he and my brothers were living; a hunter's life. Yes, I know I said a hunter's lifestyle, however, it's not the hunter's life you might be thinking. No. This life is different. It was more dangerous and because of this, we didn't stay in one place for too long. Nope. We would move around from place to place, staying at crappy hotels, using credit card scams, and basically, living a life on the road. Truthfully, I really hated that life. That's why when I was 20 years old, I decided to leave my old life behind and begin a new one. Ironically, the day that I choose to leave was the day that my twin brother, Sam, left as well. We both left around the same time, except, Sam and Dad had an argument beforehand, which led Sam to leave. I try not to think about that night. It really isn't one of my favorite memories. Anyways, since that night, I haven't been in contact with my Dad or brothers. I assume Dad and Dean are still hunting and doing the so-called "family business." Sam, I know is at Stanford in California. He had talked about going to Law School and living a normal life for a long time. As for me, I am currently studying Music Therapy at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. For as long as I can remember, music has been a passion of mine. I don't know if it's the fact that my dad, (and now Dean), likes to listen to classic rock hits, and by being around them for so long, music has started to grow on me, or if it's something else. A while back, whenever my brothers and I were enrolled in school, I remember I would always spend most of my time after school in the band room; tinkering on the piano and singing along to whatever I was playing. Dean once told me that he spent around an hour looking for me after school one time. That was when I decided to go to the band room after school instead of leaving. I was so hooked to playing and singing music that I really didn't want to leave school, but alas, I had to. Once Dean had found me, we both left school with Sam and went back to the crappy motel that we stayed at. I remember Dean was angry and frustrated with me for not telling him where I was. I mean, I could have told him, but I didn't have any way of contacting him, (I didn't have a phone at that time). From then on, I began to tell Dean if I was going to the band room after school, though, there were a few times where I didn't tell him. However, in the end, he always seemed to find me, and when he did, he would simply smile and shake his head. I think that's when I realized that I loved music, and I think he saw that too.

Eventually, Sam and Dad discovered my new passion. I don't know if Dean told them, (which he probably did), or if they just noticed it. Either way, they both would smile whenever I would sing to myself, when I thought I was alone or if they caught me eyeing a music shop that we happen to pass by. At one point, Dad had bought me a guitar for my birthday. I remember feeling so happy and excited to actually own an instrument since we basically lived on credit card scams. Yeah. That's the life of a hunter. You get paid nothing for your job, so you have to instead survive off of eating junk food and sleeping in crappy motel rooms. On top of that, you use fake badges, tell lies, and pretty much keep everything a secret because, in this line of work, people get killed and to tell you the truth, it would probably freak the hell out of everyone if they knew the truth. The truth you ask? Well, the truth is that monsters are real. Yeppp. You heard me. Monsters, ghosts, vampires, werewolves; you name it. They are all real. Except for aliens. Aliens don't exist, as far as I know. I mean they could be, but I highly doubt it. My dad would have told me if he ran into an alien. He usually would tell my brothers and me what kind of creature he's hunting, but sometimes he won't. I've learned in the past that my dad can be very secretive. At first, I didn't like how he kept secrets from us, but I soon came to realize that there are some things that my dad didn't want us to know yet. I know he was just trying to protect us, however, I still don't like being left in the dark, and I think neither does Sam or Dean.

Anyways, it's getting late and I should really start cleaning up this stuff that's laid out on the floor of my dorm room. Plus, I've got classes in the morning that I need to go to. So, I will say this:

Until tomorrow,

My silent friend,

Goodnight,

Ana