Shay's Rebellion

Tuesday, September 7  1777, 9:02 PM, Alison’s House

I’m in my allie’s house, Alsion - with my son, Chase. Tomorrow is his 16th birthday and..well...I decided to plan a small party for him.

“Leo, dear, what are you going to do for little Chasey’s birthday?”

It was Alsion that was speaking to me. She came over and made me a cup of tea, then she sat on a nearby stool. She sipped her cup of tea and I answered.

“I….I don’t know if we can even have a party for my little boy…” I frowned slightly at her.

“Is it because of what's going on now? The Hard Economic times? I figured. Well, dear, we could think of something for him and try not to let taxes come forth.”

I sipped my tea and thought for a moment.

“That should work. I should really put that behind me and care for my son.” One time, I didn’t pay my taxes in time, so I ALMOST got thrown in the slammer. Lucky, Alison paid my debts, before I could loose my house. But, to be safe, I mostly sleep over her house, just to make sure I don’t go onto the slammer.

“Yes, yes, thats a very good idea!” She smiled and set her tea down and stood up “I’ll go make a small cake now for Chase, so we can eat it in the morning~ I’ll be asleep soon~” She sung a small note. She left to go to the kitchen and started to make Chase’s small birthday cake. I finished my tea and set it aside. I kept thinking about my allies that were once farmers. They got thrown into the slammer, for not paying their debts in time. I felt so bad, that colonies were in worst depression because of this idiotic law. I also felt bad for Allison , that she had to pay over 900$, just to save my back. All farmers had to pay heavily to save themselves - Alison was a lucky, rich farmer. Some farmers tried crops, but it wasn’t enough. How foolish.

“Leo, dear, are you alright?” Alison peeked out the side of the door, to check on me. I shook my head out the deep thought and glanced at her.

“Yes, yes, I’m fine...heh…” I gave a small smile at her.

“Thats good, dear~!” She smiled and went back into the kitchen.

I put my writing supplies down and went upstairs to my son’s bedroom. I opened his room door, slightly for a small peek and he was still slumbering. I entered the room and sat at the edge of his bed. I took my hand and patted his head, as he slept.

“ Oh, Chase…” I leaned forward and kissed his head. “I’ll...think of something for you...for tomorrow….my little angel…” I smiled and I left the room quietly.

Wednesday, September 8 1777, 6:03 Am, Alison's House

“Wake up dear! It’s Chase’s birthday!” She softly said with glee, shaking me to wake up. I woke up and I stretched, sitting up on my bed.

“Huehue...Oh right, thanks for reminded me.” I smiled.

“Anytime dear, now, lets get to Chase’s room.” She went out of my room and left a small cake on my nightstand. I’m guessing it’s for Chase. Alison decided to get clothing ready, to go out for Chase’s present, so she did so. I took the small cake and went over to Chase’s room. I sat at the edge of the bed and put the cake on the nightstand. I shook him softly.

“Chasey...honey, wake up….” I smiled. He woke up and rubbed his eyes, then he sat up on his bed and looked at me.

“Y-Yes, Mommy?” He asked confused on his special day. I took the small cake and held it in front of him.