All I ever Wanted: A Laven FanFic

It took me a while to realize it. It was probably because I never thought about it, but looking back now, I probably loved him from the very beginning. He always poked fun at me. He made fun of my cursed eye, my white hair, my clown crown, he even made fun of how skinny I was. He always said how the first time he saw me, he thought I was a girl. I laughed at that. We weren't together from the very get go. It took quite a bit of time, and a simple note. About two years ago, he left a note on my piano in the ark. Short and sweet.

                  "Allen, I love you. What do you think about me?

                        P.S. Rejection is not an option.

                                                                                    ~Lavi"

                    That was it. I accepted soon after I received the note and we went from there. Of course the entire order was shocked to hear that we were together. Bookman was furious at first, but then he just sighed and said that Lavi could no longer be a bookman. I think it was something about them never being able to date or something. No matter what happened between Noah and akuma, we stuck together. And for the first time since Mana, I had someone dear to me.

                       I smiled lightly, and finally let myself leave the confines of my thoughts. I looked up at the grand church before me, relishing in its beauty. I climbed up the steps quickly and pushed open the large oak doors. Everyone, Leenalee, Komui, Reever, even Kanda had gathered here today. I walked down the aisle with purpose, hearing comments and whispers that may have been directed at me. But it didn't matter. As I reached the stage I stood near the podium and grasped Lavi's hand.

                        "Hey Lavi," I whispered. "I love you."

                        I smiled down at him softly, part of me wishing that he would tell me the same. That he would sit up and tell me that he loved me too. That we would be together forever. But he didn't move an inch, and he continued to lay there, cold, lifeless, dead.

                        "All I ever wanted was for us to be together." I whispered, pulling his limp hand closer to me. And everything was over. Lavi, my Lavi, was gone. Gone forever. I loved him and he was never coming back.

                         I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my face.