Ep. 16 Bad Dog!

Ravi called us to the mess hall so we could watch Griff get another record plaque. "Let us here it for Griff everyone." He said as he hung up the plaque. We all clapped and Ravi shook Griff's hand before walking off to talk to Jorge.

"Another record, I've gotta say, Griff I'm impressed." I said sitting down at one of the tables. "Thanks." Griff replied, taking a seat next to me.

"Maybe next time you can try to beat my tetherball record. Because watching you win is impressive but watching you fail is just fun." I said

"Ha ha ha very funny." Griff retorted. "Thank you." I said. "I'll play you right now." Griff said, quickly. We made eye contact for a second before running off to the tetherball court.

================================================================================

I sat next to Griff reading comic books after I won my tetherball game. Ravi and Jorge walked into the cabin, Jorge being covered in sweat. "Please, no more dodgeball." "Given the way you were playing, it was just... ball." Ravi said.

"Jorge you stink." I said, grabbing a towel for him to wipe his sweat off. "No luck breaking the camp dodgeball record huh?" Griff asked. "Broke a lot of things, not a record." Jorge said. Jorge went to his bed and began throwing clothes into the laundry basket, which I will be washing.

"Wow Jorge perhaps your natural throwing dexterity is applicable to some camp record." Ravi suggested. "You mean like booger flicking. I can hit a substitute teacher at 30 feet." Jorge said.

"No, I mean is there not a game where there's a hole and you toss a bean bag into it?" Ravi trailed, "What's it called." "Bean bag toss?" Griff suggested. "Yes, you should try that." Ravi said.

"Is that in the camp record book?" Jorge asked. "Let me see." Ravi went to our bookshelf and pulled out the record book. "Bee-keeping, bear tipping," Ravi read, "Oh, here it is bean bag toss, Braden K. Henry, 32."

"That's not that many." Jorge said, "Maybe I can break that record." "Who set the bear tipping record?" Griff asked, "I wanna shake that guys hand." "Impossible the bear ripped it off an then beat him with it." Ravi said, snapping the record book closed.

================================================================================

We watched Jorge beat another camper at the bean bag toss on the Great Lawn. "Yes." Jorge cheered, landing his winning bean bag in the hole. "Great job, dude." Griff congratulated. "That's 32 wins in a row."

"We will stop for dinner but if you win tomorrow, you will set the camp record for most consecutive victories." Ravi informed us.

"That's so awesome, and I know just who I wanna beat, Mr. Camp Record himself, Griff." Jorge said. "Jorge I don't wanna play you." Griff said. "Why not, are you scared?" Jorge asked.

"Dude, I was in a cell for 2 years with a guy who wore a necklace made up of other people's earlobes. I'm not scared." Griff said. "I am now a little scared that we share a cabin." Ravi said.

"Look I'm really good at this game. I was on the juvie team. Our motto was 'Throw it in the hole or get thrown in the hole'." Griff explained.

"My motto is, 'If no one smelt it, no one delt it'." Jorge said, walking away. "Jorge that does not really apply here." Ravi said. Then Jorge's fart stink hit us. "Wait now it does."

===============================================================================

Jorge left us early during dinner, so Ravi, Griff and, I walked into the Grizzly cabin together. "Griff I need to talk to you about Jorge, I need a big favor." Ravi said. "Dude, anything for a friend. Give me five bucks." Griff said.