Without You (Bradley Simpson fanfic)

*beep beep beep*
The sound of my alarm clock wakes me from my peaceful slumber, and a lovely dream. I hated that, how the alarm always wakes me at the best part of my dreams.

*beep beep beep*

My alarm chimed again. I rolled over to shut it off, accidentally knocking it to the floor. I stare at it for a few seconds, and let out a heavy sigh.
I reluctantly rolled over and place my feet on the soft, ivory rug that lies next to my bed, and bend down to grab my alarm clock.
I smiled as I recalled how I came to get it. My mother gave it to me on my first day of high school, so that I would always be awake and ready on time.

I placed my alarm back in its place, and trotted over to my bathroom. As I looked myself up and down in the mirror, I let out a groan, I didn't like what I saw in the reflection; my brown hair was in large knots, I had a few stubborn pimples around my face, and large dark circles under my eyes. Great.
I decide to pull myself away from the mirror, and turn on the shower.
I let out a sigh of relief as the warm water relaxed my tense muscles. I was particularly stressed today.
I went about my usual shower routine, paying extra attention to shaving away the stubble on my legs, trying as hard as I could not to take too long. I couldn't afford to be late on the first day of school, especially the first day of grade 12.
After getting out of the shower, I put on my very unattractive school uniform, checking to make sure there were no creases or marks on anything. I then proceeded to do my hair, deciding to just leave it out, as I'd nicely straightened it the night before. After applying some mascara, foundation, and a light sweep of blush, I brushed my teeth and then looked at myself once more in the mirror. As usual, I wasn't completely satisfied with my appearance. Oh well, not much I can do to change it.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mother yelling from downstairs,

"Lilly! Hurry up, you're going to be late if you don't get a move on."

And, as if on cue, my puppy came running through the door and jumped on my bed.

"Coco, get off there, you silly billy!"

Coco came running over to me, and I gave her a quick pat before grabbing her and my school bag and heading down stairs to say goodbye to my mum. I got given Coco for Christmas, she's meant to help make me happier, smile more. I guess, to some degree, she does help with the whole 'being happier' thing.
When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I'm greeted to the sight of my mum sitting at the kitchen counter, sipping what appears to be green tea, whilst reading a rather thick book.

"How are you feeling? Do you want anything to eat?" my mum asks, with a concerned look on her face.

"I'm alright," I say, trying not to worry her. I know she's nervous about what might happen today.
"What are you reading?"

"Oh, just something for college, it's actually kind of interesting," she replies.

It's a college textbook, that explains the thick appearance. I nod my head and take a bite out of a slice of toast, the sharp flavour of the raspberry jam satisfies my taste buds.

"I should probably get going soon, won't want to miss all the excitement of the first day of school," I say sarcastically.

"Ok, well, try to have a good day. Remember, it's just school, not the end of the world," my mum tells me.

I look at her, trying my hardest to put on a brave face, trying not to let my nerves beat me.

"I love you, ok?"

"I love you too mum. Have a good day"

I give her a hug, turn around and walk towards the door. I briefly stop to hear her say, "Remember sweetie, only two months."

I give her a reassuring smile, and head off out the door.

Two months, this can't go by fast enough...