Chapter 1: Who am I?

I remember running... running from something, incredibly scary. Screams filled my head and the world crumbled around me. I couldn't get away I tried to get away, as my fear continued to climb, I closed my eyes in a panic and then I woke up. Breathing heavily, I looked around found myself in the middle of a canyon with nothing but dirt and rocks in sight. My clothes were torn and bloody, my black hair was a mess and all I felt was pain throughout my body. Wherever I came from, it left me with deep wounds, scars, and bruises all over my body. It also seems that whatever hurt me, isn't around anymore.

Was it a dream? No, my injuries say otherwise. What happened? Where am I?

I need to get up. I need to find help, was all I could move myself to do. Having no idea where I am much less how I got here the best I can do is just pick a direction and go. As I tried to stand up, pain shot through my body causing me to cry out. I can only assume I got the lucky end of the stick despite me barely being able to walk.

As I limped down the canyon my thoughts began to flood my head. Where am I? What did this to me? Why am I in pain? Where am I from? Of all these questions I don't have answers too, there it one that troubles me the most... Who am I? Not remembering how I got here is one thing, but I don't even remember my own name, my own identity. Whatever attacked me may not have taken my life, but it still killed me in a way.

My thoughts soon got interrupted by the sound of something very big going somewhere very fast. Could it be that thing has come back to finish what it started?!? I looked back and I saw a hug cloud of dust heading my way. In a panic I looked up one of the ledges on the side of the canyon and started to climb. I can't outrun so my only chance is to out climb! With all my might I started to climb. My body screamed for me to stop but I knew I had to keep going. I barely manage to hoist myself onto the first ledge before collapsing from exhaustion. I must get up! I must... keep... going!! I could hear the noise getting closer and closer, but my body was so spent I could barely sit up. All I can do now... is accept my fate.

When I looked at the source of the noise again, I noticed it wasn't one big thing, but multiple. It was a herd of four-legged animals. I believe them to be horses, although they seem... off in a way. As the herd was running by below me, I noticed in the back were horses with riders. They must be the ones driving the herd. They rode bareback with only rope wrapped around the horse's face. As I was watching the riders lead the herd on, I saw one of the riders in the back took notice of me. He looked stronger and the most frightening to me out of the other riders I've seen. He had harsh features make up his face and a scar that slashed through his right eye.

His eyes focused in on me. Could it be he's seen me before? The man then hollered at the other riders in a language I did not understand. Then he turned his animal towards my direction and galloped towards the ledge. Oh no! Not knowing what to do I started to try and stand up and limp towards the opposite side of the ledge. I looked back at the man and he stood on the back of his horse while it was still at a gallop and jumped off and onto the same ledge with ease. The man then walked over and stood over me and looked at me from head to toe. He said something to me while beginning to reach out his hand, but in my panic, I jumped off the ledge to get away.

My legs burned like fire and gave out instantly from the landing, and all I could do was let myself fall to the ground unable to fight the pain anymore. The then horse's rider jumped down from the ledge, while yelling something and knelt down next to me. As scary and strong as he looked, he very gently lifted my arm and looked at all the scars and wounds on it. He whistled over his horse and grabbed something. I can't move, I can barely see. I'm so... tired.

When I looked at the wounds myself, I noticed my clothes were a lot bloodier than before. So much blood has been lost. The rider came back with a roll of cloth in his hand and wrapped up my arms and legs, along with some other deep wounds. Afterward he gently scooped me up in his arms and walked up to his horse, who laid down allowing him to easily mount up. Afterwards his horse stood up took off into a gallop after the man made a clicking noise. As I watched the canyon fly past us, I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and eventually slipped unconscious.