Chapter 4: I'm sorry

Liv stood at the edge of the cliff, thinking about what to say whilst waiting for Asher.
"Hey Liv"
She turned around to see Asher with a huge grin approaching her with an elegant looking bag in his hands.
She held her hand up to stop him coming closer before telling him she had something to say.
Confusion washed though Asher, however he remained calm. He had this tiny amount of hope within him and he was not going to let it go.
After a few deep breaths Liv finally spoke,
"Asher you have been amazing for the past few years and I don't know what I did to deserve you. You are honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. You stayed patient with me while I was slowly breaking away, you stayed hopeful and I can't tell you how thankful I am for that,"
Asher's heart fluttered and eyes watered upon hearing this. He was now mirroring the humongous smile Liv had across her face. However, in less than a minute her face changed. It represented..guilt?
"but I don't know how longer I can do this Asher. Wherever I go,whatever I do..it all reminds me of Olly. I can't do it anymore.Asher you deserve better, much better.."before Liv could finish Asher cut her off, taking a cautious step forward,
"No,no Liv you're my best friend. I want to you to be happy. I want to stay with you."
Tears now were falling down Liv's face  as she took several steps back.
"I want me to be happy too Asher but I'm selfish. I'm sorry I'm self-" Liv found herself unable to continue her sentence as loud sobs escaped from her mouth.
Unaware of what was happening Asher tightened his hold on the bag he was grasping onto.

"I can only be happy with Olly-"
"Wait what?"
"Im incomplete without him Asher"
"Liv no.."
"I belong with him. I'm sorry.I love you..."
"LIV NO"
As a tear slid down her cheek she leaned back,and by the time Asher stepped forward, she was gone.