Chapter Forty Eight // Firsts

Johnny's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. There was a bright light in my face, and I immediately squinted. I felt a slight pain in my ribs, making it a bit difficult to breathe. I also felt something a bit cold.

I felt something touching my cheek. I touched it. It was hand.

"Johnny?" asked someone. It sounded like Darry.

"Yeah, yeah. What's going on?" I asked, trying to sit up. The light was more bearable now.

"Well, Soda found you in the parking lot outside of the hospital, unconscious," he stated softly. I remembered what happened.

"Is anything broken?" I questioned. I took in my surroundings. I was laying on the Curtis couch, and Darry, Soda, Steve, Two Bit, and Dally were all looking down on me.

"No, but your ribs are bruised," he mumbled. I nodded my head.

"I'm gonna go get you a new ice pack, and some food," he stated quickly. He walked out of the living room, and into the kitchen.

-

I looked at all the guys.

"How are you feeling, Johnny?" asked Dally. He didn't look too worried.

"I'm fine, just a little sore," I stated. Everyone nodded.

"Who did this to you?" questioned Dally. I cringed a bit.

"Tim Sheppard," I mumbled. Dally sighed, and put his face in his hands.

"How long was I out?" I suddenly asked. Everyone smiled a little bit. Did I say something strange?

"Only a few hours, kid. You wouldn't stop asking for Pony, and you made some very interesting and suggestive noises," stated Two Bit, wiggling his eyebrows. I felt my face turn bright red.

I couldn't deny that I had those dreams, especially with Ponyboy in them. But, I didn't want to admit it, either.

All the guys laughed.

"Aw man! Shut up, it ain't like that!" I exclaimed. Everyone snicked.

"So, how long have you guys been screwing each other?" asked Two Bit. I felt like I stopped breathing for a second.

"We- We never- We never did it!" I stuttered, embarrassed. All the guys gasped.

"You guys haven't done anything?" asked Steve, exasperated. He looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head.

"No, we haven't done anything besides make out," I said shyly. I wasn't ashamed by the fact that we had never done that, but it was still awkward.

"Don't worry about it, Johnnycakes. It isn't like we've all been doing those things for long," stated Soda with a wink. He grabbed Steve's hand.

I felt the air catch in my throats.

"You guys are finally together?" I shouted, trying to stand up. Dally and Two Bit glanced at each other.

"Yeah, I guess we are," stated Steve. Now he was the one who looked shy.

"Fucking finally! Pony and I have been waiting since the fourth grade for you two to be together!" I exclaimed. Everyone looked shocked.

Two Bit suddenly stepped in.

"Yeah, well, Soda was too busy screwing me for a few years," he said jokingly. He threw a wink at me.

Soda chased him around the room.

I was happy to be back and alright.

Only one thing was missing.

-

After Darry had given me a new ice pack, and give me some food, I had fallen asleep again. I was mildly tired from spending long nights at the hospital with Ponyboy, but I really didn't mind.

I was sleeping, when I felt someone shake me awake.

I slowly opened my eyes, and then I shrieked in delight.

Standing over me was Ponyboy!

"Pony?" I asked, excitedly. He nodded.

"Hi, Johnnycakes!" he stated, giving me a kiss. I blushed.

"How are you here? You were in the hospital!" I exclaimed. He motioned for me to move over. He sat down next to me.

"Yeah, well, they finished all their tests, and they said I was all good to go!" he stated. I threw my arms around him.

"Oh! I missed you so much!" I said loudly. He started to giggle.

"I missed you too, baby," he stated. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"I'm so happy that you're out of the hospital. I almost felt like you'd never get out," I said sadly. He shook his head.

"I would never leave you alone in the real world, without me. I love you too much," he whispered in my ear. I nodded, signalling that I understood.

"I love you too," I replied. Someone started in.

"Man, can you guys stop being so mushy and stuff? There are people like me, Keith Two Bit Matthews, who don't got someone to gush to every second!" he exclaimed with a laugh. Both Pony and I cracked a smile.

"Aw, it looks like Two Bit is jealous!" I said jokingly. He turned red.

"I ain't jealous!" he barked back. Pony was laughing next to me.

"We gotta get Two Bit a girlfriend!" stated Pony. He was laughing even harder now.

"Now that you mention it, that Soc, Marcia was pretty cute.." he said, trailing off. He looked flustered.

I was working on a plan in my head.

"We gotta get Two Bit with Marcia!" I yelled.

Two Bit huffed, and walked out of the room. He clearly said something he didn't mean to.

-

Pony and I were laying in his bed, kissing. We never got any chance to do anything since he was in the hospital for a long time. We were "making up" for lost time.

Pony's lips were kissing my own, softly yet passionately. His hands were pulling at my black hair. I groaned in pleasure.

My hands were on his lower back, but I moved them down. Now, I was grabbing his butt. It was really plump, in a good way. I liked it.

We pulled away for air.

"I love you, Johnnycakes," he said in a sultry voice. I felt a reaction someplace.

"I love you too," I replied, hazily. I pressed my lips to his again.

Before I knew it, we were undressing each other, and exploring each other's bodies. I felt like I was in heaven, and Pony was an angel.

I pulled away again.

"Do you want this? Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"I want this, I need this," he said hastily.

-

That was officially our first time.

Needless to say, that night we defiantly memorable.