Sorta vulnerable, sorta sexy, and more than a little sleepy

"RUNN!" Des tells to me.
I start running as fast as I can, running around trees and dodging branches and roots to the best of my ability.
I jump over a huge root and my foot gets snagged. I land face first into the dead, blackened grass.
I roll over and look up as I see a cut across my arm. I didn't even have to look at it to tell it was bleeding very badly.
Fuck...
I look up and a see a wolf coming towards me slowly, with a lustous look on it's face.
It crouches down and springs up towards me and--
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
Ugh. I look over at my alarm clock squinting. 2:17 am.
"What the FUCK?" I grunt as I reach to feel along my nightstand for my phone.
I finally find it and press answer without looking at the caller ID, knowing fully well who it is.
"You better be dying or I'm gonna come over and kill you" I whispered tiredly into the phone.
"Come over then" a husky voice replies, evidently with a smug smirk.
"Ugh what do you want, Dave?" I whine a little too loud for comfort.
"Can I come up? " I look over at my window and grunt as I get up to open it. He climbs in instantly.
"Why ask when you hide in the tree anyway?" I say still half asleep.
"It's polite" he says with a chuckle.
"Yeah. Almost as polite as grabbing my ass when my parents are in the room" I retort sarcastically. He knows I'm joking though.
"Anywayssssss... Can I stay here for tonight?"
"Family problems again?" I assumed.
"The bitch strikes again" he says laughing half jokingly.
"Lay down, jerk. I gotta be up in 6 hours to take Lana downtown"
He lays on my bed, and pulls the blanket over him.
"Fineeee. Can I at least come?" He whines, like an 8 year old girl.
"Fineeee." I mock his voice with a smile, earning on from him.
He's a tall kid, about 6' 3" and he's only 16. He's very cute, but I know I can't allow any romantic thoughts to enter my mind. But my brain clearly didn't get that memo.
See, I'm 16 also. But, I'm only 5'2" just a small emo potato. Más pequeño que Dave.
Oh, I also tend to speak different languages. I know ASL. And Spanish. Obviously.
I lay back down, and grab my phone to text my sister to cover for me with our parents. I don't need them walking in and seeing us together in bed. Not like anything will happen. He's been my best friend for four years now.
He's practically my brother. But he's not, which is what makes things complicated...
I lay down and pull the other half of the blanket over me.
Then I realize I should put more clothes on. I don't think booty shorts and a sports bra are ideal, but then again... I'm too lazy to get up again.
Dave rolls over so he's facing me and I thank myself for leaving the lights off, as I feel my face heat up as I make eye contact with him. I have a small lamp on my desk across the room casting a dim ray of light across his face, and I see him grinning at me.
"What?" I ask furrowing my brows.
"Oh, nothin." He responds in a hushed tone.
"No, none of that crap. Its 2:30 am and I'm exhausted. Tell me" I say, sounding more agitated than I wanted to as I yawned quietly at the end of the sentence.
"One, its..." He looks at his phone screen. "... 2:21 am." 

I roll my eyes, knowing he saw.

"ANd two, it's just, you look so cute like this. Ya know, sorta vulnerable, sorta sexy, and more than a little sleepy. " He said, his grin never faltering.

"Uh, thanks? "I relay back. I hope I don't sound like that bothered me at all. Cus it definitely didn't...

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me toward him, causing my lungs to fail me for a split second. He smirks, clearly seeing my reaction to this motion, and kisses my forehead. 

"I'll talk to you in the morning I guess..." I whisper in his ear. I hear a slight moan escape his lips, and bury my face into his neck, smiling as he pulls me closer to him. We entangle our legs together and I fall asleep listening to the steady rhythm of his heart beat.
Maybe we could possibly be more than friends... I think to myself as I start to drift back to sleep.
But I dream I am falling off a cliff and jolt back up, causing Dave to jump up and roll off my small ass bed.
"Fuck. I'm so sorry dude... I'm gonna go get a drink. Need anything?" I say, reluctantly getting up.
"Nah, I'm okay. Are you? Okay, I mean?"
"Not really... But it's fine..." I walk out the door and close it. I turn my phone's flashlight on and walk down the stairs. I avoid the third and seventh steps, which squeak every time you even slightly touch them. I learned this after a month of sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to let Dave and Destiny in.
I turn the bright light on and mentally curse myself for being blinded. I open the fridge and grab a bottle of water and close the door. I jump up on the counter and sit there for a few minutes, then decide to grab an apple. I really need to start eating more.
I close my eyes and lean my head against the cabinet behind me. I start playing with the apple in my hands for a few minutes. Then a hand rests on my thigh. I look up to see Dave. He puts his finger to my lips, and it takes everything in me not to blush.
'Why are you down here?' I sign to him.
He rolls his eyes and responds 'why are you?' he responds.
'Bad dream. Can't sleep'
'Come on. Talk in your room'
I jump down and he's walks out of the kitchen holding my hand. I turn the light off on the way out. We walk up the steps like that.
We get into my room and I shut the door quietly before turning my larger lamp on.
"Now tell me what's really going on" he says in a deep voice that I find irresistible. He sat on my bed.
"Nothing" I say looking at the floor trying not to blush.
"You're cute when you blush" welp, guess I failed.
I mentally smack myself and then blush even more once it sank in what he said.
All I could stutter out was an "uhhh..." Before he pulled me onto his lap and kissed me.
I was completely shocked. He said he loved someone else...
He pulls back. "Uh... Sorry.... I don't know why I did that." He laughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck.
"Uh... thanks?... I mean... Don't know how to respond honestly... "
"Then don't."
"I'm not complaining..." I say blushing and I bite my lip.
"Don't do that" he says, turning away from me.
"What, bite my lip?"
"Yeah."
"Why not?"
"Just. Please..."
"Fine." I stop, and he looks back at me.
I bite it again and watch him exhale deeply.
I blush and smile as he smirks at me.
This time I make the move, and pull his face towards me and kissed him lightly on the lips for a few moments. This earns a light moan from him and I smile against his skin. He leans back on my bed and I climb on top of him and straddle his lap. he grabs my waist aggressively, and I kiss him as rough as I could manage to without moaning.

Suddenly, he throws me off of him as my door opens.