SOUE + TMR Fanfic! PART 2

A/N: Once I do write my actual fanfic, there might be some of the same portions, but abut different. Like same ideas, but more SOUE based. 😄
Also HOLY SHUCK THIS IS LONG WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME Winter_blue5

Chapter Two

I am filled with euphoria - a word which means "very happy, perhaps even to the point of exhilaration because this is one of the few moments when the Baudelaire children are truly happy" -  to say that Celia and Klaus' friendship would grow into something entirely unforeseen. The word here means "something very unexpected, at least to Klaus and Celia, but perhaps not to Violet." Over the course of the seemingly short months, the Baudelaire children and Celia visited each other very often and became very fond of one another. Celia loved to call the three the "Laire's" instead of calling them by their real last name, Baudelaire, because it reminded all of them of when they first met.

Violet loved to talk about engineering with the other girl, for Cel knew a thing or two about mechanical engineering from her parents. It is very nice to have another girl to talk to about a favorite subject, especially if you are a girl. Sunny liked Celia because the older girl was very good with babies, even babies with very sharp teeth. She always brought over raw carrots and other hard foods from her parents' lush garden and played with the baby as much as she could.

However, as I said before, Klaus Baudelaire was the closest to Celia Susan Lewis. They connected over their immense love for literature and the arts, and especially being in the Baudelaire's enormous library. They would climb the tall ladders that most private libraries have and drop down books (gently of course) of all different subjects from revolting reptiles to strange schools, from stolen sailboats to all sorts of musical and language arts. Cel was very astute and also deft musician, a phrase which here means "Celia could play piano and guitar well and was a phenomenal singer." She also was half fluent in Spanish, a language she taught herself, and sometimes broke out in foreign words. She wanted to learn a great deal many other instruments and languages, and Klaus wanted to help in any way he could. When a male is smitten with a female, he is willing to do almost anything for her. Smitten can be used two different ways. One, to be hit or struck down, related to the word "smite." The second definition, and the one I shall use, means "to be in love." I myself was once smitten with an amazing woman named Beatrice.

Klaus did not realize that he was falling in love, or smitten, with the charming and intelligent Celia, but he certainly was. Violet could sense it but did not make too much of it. The two loved to read and write together.

All in all, the Baudelaires' and Celia became the best of friend for the few months after they met. In fact, the girl became so close that in about a month, Celia was able to understand Sunny's shrieks and yells, a very difficult thing for most people in the world. The Baudelaire parents also became fond of the new neighbor girl. They did not once mention her parents, but the children did not notice. They were too occupied on being in each others' company. Those short months were filled with content and delight. This, I am sad to say, would not last.

The fateful day arrived when Celia rushed to the Baudelaire house, her unkempt braid swinging behind her and water filling her eyes. She reached the porch and knocked loudly on the big, beautiful wooden door she had entered so many times. She wiped the tears in her eyes before Klaus opened the door. The day was a fairly balmy one, and the children had planned to go to Briny Beach, even though there would be a lot of tourists.

"Hi Cel, how are yo-" He stopped when he saw her dark brown eyes fill up with tears again. Instead of saying anything, he felt himself pull her into a hug. He knew something was wrong but did not want to know what. Cel sank to the porch floor, and he followed her. Violet came carrying Sunny on her hip.