one

August
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"Harry, what could you possibly be afraid of right now?" Louis asked as he sat down on the end Harry's bed, a small smile set on his all too adorable lips as he watched his boyfriend rush around the room to try and find the shoe that he was missing.

"That's a stupid question, Lou." Harry said as he glanced quickly over at Louis and then tried to find his other shoe because it seems that in the process of throwing clothes out of his closet and letting them land somewhere in his room had completely hidden his shoes.

"It's just high school, baby. It isn't that big of a deal." Louis assured him and then caught the shirt Harry had accidentally thrown his way and then stood up from the bed to nicely go and hang it up in his closet despite the fact that the rest of Harry's clothes seemed to be haphazardly thrown around.

"Well, that's easy for you to say considering this is your junior year. You're used to it." Harry said and then smiled widely one he'd successfully found his shoe. "It is a big deal... high school is, like, where you become yourself.. or something like that." Harry said as he made his way over to his bed so he could sit and pull his shoe on.

"No, high school is just school, Harry. You go there for seven to eight hours every day, five days out of the week, and then you go home and resume life as normal. I promise it isn't that big of a deal." Louis promised and then turned to look at Harry who was tying his shoe laces.

"Shut up. You're popular." Harry said with a soft sigh as he focused on tying his shoelaces. "High school is your kingdom so, of course, you don't think it's a big deal."

"Yeah, but if it's my kingdom... then that makes me the king and that means you're my queen." Louis said playfully, chuckling lightly and Harry only glanced up at him. "Besides, you're pretty well known already. You know most of my friends and they know you."

"Maybe you're right." Harry said with a playful roll of his eyes and then stood up, grabbing his book bag from off of the floor and pulled one of the straps onto his shoulder.

"I guarantee that Niall isn't as worried as you are." Louis said as he watched Harry with a small smile. "Just... act like you're not so worried and people won't think you are."

"Well for one, Niall isn't me. And two, Niall is a suspiciously confident person so... Niall doesn't fit into this argument." Harry said and then grabbed his phone from off of his nightstand, tucking it into his pocket.

"It isn't really an argument, babe." Louis chuckled and then stood up from the bed and walked over to Harry, placing both hands on Harry's hips and pulled him close so that his body was pressed up against Harry's. "You're going to be fine." Louis promised as Harry looked up at him nervously. Louis leaned down to kiss him gently and then pulled away to look back down at Harry. "We're going to be late." Louis warned softly.

"I know, I know." Harry said and then pecked Louis' lips gently once more just because he wanted to. "Let's go to school." He said softly before he was taking Louis' hand and dragging him down the stairs.

"Have a good day at school, honey!" Anne called from the kitchen. "You too, Louis." She called before Harry told her goodbye and then walked with Louis out to his car.

◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆

Louis stopped Harry from opening the car door once he'd parked in his usual parking space in the student parking lot, getting out of the car and then went around, opening the door for Harry. "My love." He said with a gentle smile as he held Harry's hand and helped him out of his car.