Chapter 2

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Aragorn had started training Ellerosse from the moment they had left Mirkwood. He soon found out that, though he could speak Sindarian, he could only write in the common tongue. This was sort of confusing for both of them, but it made Aragorn's job easier. Ellerosse excelled at archery, even more so than some elves.

Whenever they stopped somewhere, the young boy would request to look around. Soon, Aragorn could tell that he was looking for something. When he asked what, the boy just looked at him innocently and said "Nothing."

Slowly, Ellerosse began to grow. Although Legolas had told him that elves grew from child to adult rapidly between the ages of twenty and twenty five, he hadn't prepared for his young friends massive growth spurt. By the age of 22, Ellerosse had gone from the body of a 5 year old to the body of a fifteen year old, and could wield a full sized sword.

Ellerosse didn't need much training when it came to combat, and Aragorn started to realize that Ellerosse, however young, had seen war. When he had asked about it, Ellerosse's eyes only darkened, and he turned away.

Ellerosse was, even by elf standards, wise beyond his years and never failed to amaze him. Once, when he thought that a Rohirim Soldier had provoked him, Ellerosse had calmly looked into the soldier's eyes and said "Be free of your troubles. Go and find peace." Amazingly, the soldier had listened.

The boy, he also noted, had a knack for attracting trouble. When he met Gandalf, the old man told him that there was a magic in Ellerosse that he'd never seen before.

As Ellerosse brew older, Aragorn started to realize that his time with his beloved companion was limited. And, when Ellerosse turned 40, his theory was proven correct.

"I have to go." Ellerosse had said.

"Where?" Aragorn asked.

"I don't know." Ellerosse had admitted. "I plan to travel to the lonely mountain. Have to start somewhere, don't I?"

Although he was reluctant to allow him to leave, he eventually had to give in. He watched as the elf, who he had learned to love as his own son, drew up his hood and turned away, exploring the world. Before he had gone out of his sight, Ellerosse had turned to him and given him a slight mod before turning away to explore the wonders of the East. Harry was now so used to the name Ellerosse that he had to pause whenever he thought of his previous name. But he promised that he would never forget who he truly was, as painful as it was to remember. He had changed as an elfling.

He had long since trying to control the growth of his hair. If it had been bad before, it was nothing compared to the shoulder length mop he bore now. Aragorn had taught him some braiding techniques that most elves used. They worked, but they made him feel a bit like a girl.

Now that he wasn't in the dreaded little boy body anymore, he figured it was time that he started looking for his wand and the sword of Gryffindor. The sword he had now was fine, but it just didn't feel right in his hand.

As reluctant as he was to leave Aragorn, who reminded him so much of Sirius that it freaked him out, he had to start somewhere. And he had to do it alone.

The Lonely Mountain loomed ahead of him, grander than when he was younger and he and Aragorn had last gazed upon it.

Maybe, he thought, he'd find Thorin there.

He started walking again, putting each foot carefully on the road. He hummed an elven song.

I beng nin linnatha a magol dhin

De vethor veleg...

He knew that it would be many years before he met Aragorn again, but he was sure he would.