Prologue to the Story

Sara could still remember when her mother died. Her father was long gone, so it was just her and her sister, Tiffany. The day of the funeral she had felt so alone, even with the older girl beside her. Tiff had told her that she would always be there, they would always be there because they were strong.

Tiffany got into trouble many times in the years after. Squandering the money their mother's life insurance had given them, but Sara saved it and worked her way through the system and through college, finding a passion for architecture and art along the way.

Then, this last year, Tiffany was arrested and charged with the murder of the vice president's brother. At first, even Sara had believed she was guilty, taking the situation at face value. It wasn't until she was visiting her older sibling, who tried to convince her of her innocence that she really thought about it. When she heard she was going to be sent to Fox River, well something just clicked.

Sara worked tirelessly, learning everything she could. About the case, about the people, about the penitentiary. Absolutely everything. Now Sara was utterly convinced of her sister's innocence, but there was one giant problem. She was being sentenced to death via the chair. Since she knew there was no way they could take it to court and free Tiffany in time, she decided she was going to get her out the only way she was sure she could. By breaking her out.