Sixty Miles

F O U R

"Not when you are pregnant, Jocelyn," Dom roughly said as he placed his hands over his unborn child which was surprisingly, to his shock, protected by a layer of Kevlar. But then he was reminded of who the woman in front of his was and what lengths she would go through to keep their child and herself safe. "Even with a vest it's not safe. I told you to stay home. Why do you want to put yourself in danger?"

"Danger is everywhere, Dom. I can't control when it comes to my front door but I sure as hell can make sure if never happens again."

"Brian and I will fix this. Take Mia and Letty and go home."

Joce pretended to think on Dom's words but she had it stuck in her mind that he wouldn't handle the situation like she wanted it to be handled. No bloodbath but something just as dramatic. Whoever this was would have to answer to her because people could have been hurt and to show up at someone's wedding and scare the living daylights out of them isn't cool either.

"I'm not going home, Dominic. I need to know who it was so if I ever catch them then it's on sight."

Brian came to her side pulling her away now that he saw where the talk between the two were headed. He pressed a kiss on her forehead to calm her down. As he held her face out of the view of Dom's, he mouthed a few words to the other man in hopes of getting Jocelyn somewhere safe and away from danger.

"Brian, let me go."

He let her go and was rewarded with an evil glare, Jocelyn having seen him saying something to Dom behind her back.

Dom tried to play it off but Jocelyn wasn't having it. Or at least she wasn't until she felt lightheaded.

"I think I'm going to--"

She leaned over and emptied her stomach after smelling the scent of fuel. It just smelled wrong and left a bitter taste in her mouth.

"This is why you need to take a minute and realize what type of condition you're in. No need for you to be in danger over something stupid."

"You're not stupid, Dom!"

Brian gestured to himself and made a signal telling Dom that he had ejected himself from the conversation.

She was a headstrong lionness and she'd fight to protect anyone of her family. There could be no persuading someone as stubborn and loyal as Jocelyn.

"I meant that you need to be in one piece for this future that we have waiting for us when this is done."

"But, I--"

"I'm worried, too. But not for me though. For the ones who dared to cross me and mine."

Jocelyn could understand every little motivation that Dom took and ran with. She loved him for that. She wanted to marry him for those very reasons. No man could ever compare to how strong willed, family oriented, and amazing Dominic Toretto was.

"I'll stay in the car but if you need help then I'm not going to sit back and watch," she promised with love burning bright in her hazel eyes.

"Wouldn't have it any other way," Dom's deep voice just melted her and she realized how serious she had been about tearing down each person involved with the events of today.

They bumped foreheads and Joce settled into the car alongside Letty and Mia.

"I worry, too."

"You love him differently, Mia. I know you have accepted him and his ways a long time ago but I'm still finding out new things about him with every step of the way. It doesn't change that we both love him but I can't bear the thought of living on without him."

"Aww," Letty started. "This isn't a damn cheesy romance movie where the bad guy turns good for the girl next door. Stop making this about the future and live in the present moment. You were just about to marry the Dominic's Toretto. Don't start with the sappy shit."

Mia and Joce rolled their eyes but they could see where the rough edged girl was coming from.

Fairy tales were for people who could afford them.

They made do by stealing them and never letting them be stolen away. It wasn't okay but for right now it would have to do.

-

Dom and Brian were splattered with blood when they exited the warehouse and Joce's eyes widened in shock at how horrific they looked.

As they got closer, the stench of the blood was too much.

Jocelyn black out and felt someone's strong arm wrap around her before her head could connect with the concrete.