(Fore)play Fighting

A/N: It's been over ten years since I've posted a fanfic online. I'm likely a little rusty so I welcome comments. ^_^

My inspiration from this fic came from my mulling over all their heated arguments and duels, and wondering, 'Hey, what if somewhere down the line the tone of their arguments suddenly changed from play to foreplay?' Then BOOM! This oneshot happened. #sorrynotsorry

CONTENT WARNING(s): Heavily suggestive themes, a decent amount of swearing, mild violence. Teen and up recommended. Male/Male if it wasn't obvious; don't like, don't read, etc.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Also, cover photo art is from www (dot) zerochan (dot) net / 1431863 (remove spaces and dots).

Anyways: enough me talking, more you reading! Enjoy, comment, review, share!

---

No one knew exactly when it started.

Some theorized that it had always been there in their arguments, an undercurrent that was only now beginning to swell towards critical mass and make itself plainly visible. Others played detective, combating theories about certain incidents that may have set things into motion for the two of them. Still others argued they were seeing things; it was just another game for them to one-up the other, and for them to read into it like they did was just pure fantasizing on their parts.

'If you go by that logic about their arguments,' Marik had once said on an international call, unconvinced. 'Then what the hell is going on between him and the Pharaoh when they duel? Hmmm? We could read into that too, but we don't.'

Whatever the case, majority consensus said the tone for Joey and Kaiba's arguments were definitely starting to have more than one meaning to them.

It always started innocently enough. As innocently as fights can start, anyways. Usually, it was either some offhanded sarcastic comment that Kaiba had said, or it was something particularly inane that Joey had let tumble out of his mouth. And it always started the same:

''Ey, whadya say about me, ya jerk?!' Cue Joey's fisting of his hand into Kaiba's collar. Cue Kaiba's self-satisfied smirk.

'You heard me.' Cue Kaiba's usual cool, unruffled demeanor. 'Or are you really that deaf for a mutt?'

Cue Joey's inevitable angered interjection. 'Y'know what? Fuck you, Kaiba!'

Cue Kaiba's smirk growing wider, eyes narrowing at the blond in front of him. 'You wish.'

Right there. Right there is when the tone would change. It took Téa and them a bit to find it, that catalyst, but after the sheer empirical volume of arguments evolving into something else they'd had to endure, they had all become experts at observing exactly when it evolved from a simple argument into something else.

Cue Joey's mouth parting to exhale a shaky breath. Since Kaiba was the more eloquent of the two, it was often him that was the one that started it. However, there had been a few times in the past where Joey had instigated it; those ones tended to be the most heated, impassioned 'arguments' they'd had to endure. Also the most thinly-veiled ones; there were times they thought they might have to leave the room, else witness something they... didn't really want to witness.

Cue Joey leaning in a bit, eyes dark with anger but also with something else. 'What did ya say ta me, ya asshole?' He breathed, in a manner that could either be interpreted as low like a threat, or low like a come-on.

Despite his collar being fisted in the blond's and said blond supposedly a comment away from pummeling him, the brunet was on the verge of grinning. 'I said you wish you could fuck me, you stray mutt.' He shrugged and looked to the side nonchalantly, a fake innocent ploy that fooled absolutely no one. 'Though when it comes to assholes, it's more likely that yours is the one that's going to get fucked over.'