1

Chapter 1 | Meeting

Sandra smiled as her index finger moved thoroughly around the brim of the wine glass. Her eyes were fixated on the television, watching intently as her face flashed on the screen.

"Aren't they get tired of you, Sandra?" Bammie, who was sitting next to her queried with a frown.

Sandra raised her eyebrows as she shifted her gaze to her bestfriend, "Huh?" she asked innocently.

Bammie rolled her eyes, knowing exactly that she's just acting clueless, "It's been a week since that exclusive interview, but it's still on the hot topic"

Shrugging her shoulders, she took a sip on her wine and didn't respond. Honestly, she didn't expect that announcing her ideal type will be that big. She was just being honest and precised by answering that certain question.

"Phoenix, huh? You haven't even get a glimpse of his face yet. And don't give me the 'I fell for his masterpieces' excuse, I know you better!" Her bestfriend continued while narrowing her eyes on her.

Grinning, she raised her wine glass and moved it slowly in circular motion before taking a sip again. "I just said I like him, Bammie. No biggie," she shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yeah. But you directly invited him to your house! That's a big deal!"

"Oh?" She gasped, pretending to look surprised then giggled, "I didn't know!" she chirped, but her expression says otherwise which made Bammie rolled her eyes once again.

They've been best friends since they were still in diapers and they've been together even before they got out of their mother's wombs. So, even if she wouldn't speak, Bammie will know what's going on inside that pretty head of hers.

"Let's hope he's good looking, but I doubt it. There's always a reason why people decides to hide their faces. It's either they're too shy or ugly!" Bammie snickered.

Sandra chuckled as she shook her head, "So judgemental, Bammie. I wouldn't be surprised if you become an old lady someday. Men are scared of you!" She retorted that earned a leer and a hit in the arm from her bestfriend.

"I'm just telling truth! And stop saying I'm gonna be an oldmaid, because I wont be! Excuse me!"

She laughed and gently caressed the part of her arm that her best friend hit. She has always been a violent person whenever her emotions involves but Sandra loves to tease her nevertheless.

The two went silent when the news caught their attentions back. Automatically, the corner of her lips lifted upward upon seeing that their topic was finally focused on her ideal type, Phoenix.

"Look, Sandra. Is that.. Phoenix?" asked Bammie when the screen suddenly turned to a video of a guy with a blonde undercut hair who wears spectacles.

"Are you Phoenix?" said the reporter beside him.

Sandra kept her eyes glued on the television as she waited for his answer. He looked pissed as he profusely shook his head in denial, which made her lips stretched more in amusement.

Sure, that's certainly not close to her ideal guy. But then, appearances never really attracts her.

"No.. I'm not," he replied.

"Oh! But I'm sure you know him personally, since you said you're working here. Where is he then.. if it's not you?" the reporter probed that visibly irates the guy more.