The Evil Princess

Main Character: Victoria Mills. A.K.A- the Evil Princess.

Age: 16 (she's the daughter of Regina) Location: the Summer Palace, in the Enchanted Forest.

I rushed down the hall, to my mothers room. All I could hear in the palace, were my heels, clicking steadily. As I near my mothers open room, I remember that she had gone out earlier this morning. Sighing, I turn around, but then stop. I look behind me, at the door that has been calling my name ever since I could remember. I couldn't remember if she said she would be out for a while or not, but I take this as my chance to take a peek inside that mysterious room.

Quickly, I walk over to the doors, and put my hands on their handles. Here goes nothing... I open the doors, and I'm astounded by what I find. As I look at everything, the room pulses red. I walk over to one of the drawers built into the wall, and pull it out. There's a small rectangular box inside, and I pull it out. I stare at the box for a few seconds, then walk to the table in the middle of the room. I braced myself, and ran a hand slowly across the top of the box. It seemed to pulse under my hand, along with the room around me. I pull open the lid, and breath in quickly.

It's a heart...

Hesitantly, I reach for it, and it seems to respond by reaching out for my hand. Picking it up, I inspect it closely. It seems to pulse in my hand, responding to my every move. I smile, and it seems to glow a brighter red.

"Victoria, what are you doing?" Quickly, I turn around, and see my mother standing in the doorway. She looks surprised, and then I remember I hadn't put the heart back down. "Mother!" The heart responds to my voice, and glows even brighter.

"I told you to never come in here." She walks over to me, and takes the heart from my hand, and puts it back in the box. Instantly, the heart dims, and goes nearly black. My face falls, as I look at the heart. She closes the lid, and puts it back in the drawer. She turns back around, and I'm surprised that she has a smile on her face. I look away from her, as she comes back. She links her arm through mine, and brings me out of the room.

"You can't go in there, okay?" When were out of the doors, I see her flick her hand, and the doors slam behind us. Surprisingly, I don't jump at the slam. I just look behind me, at the doors. I can feel her watching me, as I watch the doors. The pulsing that was there before, has completely disappeared.

She brings me out to the hall, and stops. "Now... Go and see grandfather, and see if he can get the guards to take you out today..." I look back into her room, but she turns my head. Quickly I nod, and she smiles. It's not her wicked smile, everyone says that is always plastered to her face. This smile is sincere... Full of love. She leans down some, and kisses my forehead. She walks back into her room, and the doors slam shut behind her. I start down the hall, and soon I find grandfather. "Grandfather? Do you think I could go out today? With a few guards?"

"Of course the guards will take you out today. Where do you want to go?" He drapes an arm over my shoulders, and brings me down the hall, and outside, to where a group of at least 8 men are standing. They all stand at attention as soon as we walk into the room, and stare straight ahead. This was the only part I hated about being the Queens daughter. The EVIL Queens daughter at that. Mother always kept me inside the castle, because she always said me and grandfather were her greatest weaknesses. She held grandfather closer to her heart though... Because as a child, only grandfather showed love and care for her. Mother would never speak of grandmother, not that I haven't asked before... It just... Hadn't turned out well for me after I had.

Grandfather gently shook my arm, shaking me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay, Princess?" He looks at me worriedly, as the guards ready my mothers carriage. "I'm fine... Just... Just thinking." He shakes his head, and goes to retrieve my feathered cloak. Instantly, I feel my face drop with sadness. Mother didn't want anyone to find out he was her father, so she turned him into a servant. I let him be himself around me, as long as mother wasn't around. I hear his foot steps, and shake my head out of my thoughts again. He drapes my cloak over my shoulders, and I clasp it. He turns me, and adjusts it.

"I want you to always remember that I love you. I always have, always will." I look at him strangely, but he shakes his head, dismissing any question I had. He leaves as the guards stand by the carriage, waiting for me. I turn around, and listen to my heels clicking on the soft stone ground. One of them opens the door, and holds out his hand. I grasp it, and he helps me into the carriage.

~back in the palace~

The queen was sitting at her table, staring at herself in the mirror. "Father... It didn't work. Don't you understand that? I will never find happiness... Unless I destroy everyone else's..." She turned around, as her father walked closer to her.

"Why can't you find happiness here? With me, and your daughter. She

looks up to you, and who knows if you'll see each other again... And if what you say is true, then she'll have no memory of you..." The queen stood up, and walked to her father. Standing in front of her father, she sighed.

"It's meant to be that way..." Her father looked up at her, and at her saddened face. "Oh... My dear. How did the spell not work?" He draped his hands on her arms, and squeezed slightly. "I didn't have the heart of the one I love most..." She averted looking at her father, and instead, looked out towards her balcony. "The Princess? Oh my Queen, you couldn't! You wouldn't!" The Queen looked back at her father, and he could see she had tears in her eyes. "It's not the Princess... Is it?"

She smiled slightly, and looked down at her fathers chest. "I am sorry..." She said. She waited a moment, and when her face once again had no emotion, she reached into her fathers chest. "But I need to find happiness..."

~in the carriage~

We were passing a seashore, and I could hear the crashing waves, and feel sea water on my face. "Stop the carriage!" I yelled to the driver. A few minutes later, the carriage came to a full stop, and the door opened. A yell appeared out of no where, and I heard swords clashing. I heard loud thuds, and I couldn't help but stick my head out. I saw all of my mothers guards laying on the ground, dead. There was no one else around, so I stepped out of the carriage.

"Who would you be, love?" I smiled, and turned around. As soon as I saw who I was dealing with, my smile slipped. "Pirates..."

The pirate smirked, and sheathed his sword. "Actually, my crew are pirates... I'm Captain Hook."