you are

"Dear Jungkook,

Hi. A bit of a weird start but ANYWAYS. I think I'm going to die today. I know, you must be wondering why I'm so calm but I'll tell you. I'm typing this letter right before I walk in the building. I overheard some people in a corner whispering about a bomb in the building." 

Jungkook's jaw drops. What the fuck was she doing? Get out of there! 

"I've already called the police and tried to get as many people out as possible. But my parents are still up there. I have to be with them." Jungkook's hand raises to cover his mouth in astonishment, as his tears continuously flow down.

"I'm walking in the building now. Jungkook, I know this must be very hard for you but I haven't seen my parents in 10 years, if they die, I have to die too. Yes, they abandoned me but if the last time I get to see them is before we all die, I'm going to take it. They won't be able to come down fast enough. I faintly hear police sirens, they must be near. I'm still walking."

The letter ends there, but what's after it was a voice recording. Almost to the point of a breakdown, Jungkook hesitantly presses the play button. 

He listens attentively as the recording starts. He hears Ara's rapid breathing and heavy footsteps.

"Ara, sweetie. What's going on?" A female voice asks, Jungkook assuming it was Ara's mother.

"Are you okay, why is the building on lockdown?" A male voice steps in, probably her father.

"Mum, Dad. I love you both so much." She squeaks out.

Jungkook bursts into tears the moment he hears Ara's voice. 

"We love you too sweetie, that's why we arranged this meeting for all of us." Her mum soothes.

"We wanted to apologise. Even though that won't change jackshit." Her dad jokes, cause them all to giggle.

"We're truly sorry, hun. We got too caught up in our business and it took over our lives. But we realised, although a bit too late, that the only important thing to us is you." 

Ara starts crying and it sounded like they hugged. (AN: k lmao how does a hug sound??)

"I need to do something." Ara interrupts and walks away from her parents.

A sigh is heard from Ara's voice recording.

"Jungkook." She says.

"Y-yes." He stutters out, answering her even though she can't hear him.

"I love you so much, with all my heart and soul. What I'm doing maybe selfish, scratch that, it IS fucking selfish but I have to do it. I'm leaving you, Hyerin and all the other guys to fulfil my selfish needs. I hope you understand why I'm doing this, but I want you to move on. Whether it be with Hyerin, or someone else, please move on." 

"F-fuck Ara. How can I move on? You were the best thing that ever happened to me." Jungkook sobs.

She sighs yet again, almost like she was responding to Jungkook.

"I'm going to lock my phone in a safe. I'm sure the police will break through it in the end." 

Jungkook shakes his head, in disappointment.

"I know what your surprise was for me."

Jungkook had a confused look on his face. What surprise? 

"The surprise you were going to give to me after my meeting with my parents.

Oh. 

"The Tori Kelly tickets." They both said at the same time.

"You know you're a really bad secret keeper. You left it in the toilet at my house! Tsk, tsk, so shady." She giggles, causing Jungkook to let out a small chuckle at her silliness.

After a short moment of silence, which seemed like a lifetime worth to Jungkook, Ara spoke up.

"Hey, I love you egg."

"I love you too, noodle." Jungkook responds, a tear falling down his face.

"I think I need to go now, please remember what I said. I love you eternally. Thank you for everything." 

"I love you too Ar-" 

The voice recording ends.

The door is slammed open.

"Wow! This place is hella clean! Wait, Jungkook?"

"T-tae." Jungkook runs up to Taehyung, enveloping him in a hug.

"She knew." Jungkook whimpers.

"WHAT? Who knew?" Taehyung confusedly asks.

"Ara."

"Ara? What did she know?"

"She knew she was going to die."

"Wait, what the fu-"

Jungkook explains the whole story to Taehyung, showing him the letter and the voice recording.

After a brief moment of silence, Taehyung speaks up.

"That is batshit crazy." 

"She wanted to be with her parents in their last moments. She called it selfish, but I call it love. They abandoned her but she still cares for them like none of that ever happened. She's too good for this world, maybe that's why she left." Jungkook mutters, taking a look at Ara's phone. 

"Jungkook, I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry. She was a wonderful person and she only thought of you before she died." Taehyung gives Jungkook a small smile and pats his back.

Jungkook sighs, lying back on the bed. 

"Hey, you still got all of us and Hyerin, okay? We'll always be here for you." 

"Thanks, Taehyung." Jungkook smiles, lying back on the bed. 

Suddenly, Jungkook lets out a small chuckle, causing Taehyung to be confused.

"What?" 

"Oh nothing, but I still can't believe my whole life changed with the word 'honestly'."