Dex the Stalker

He waited for him outside of his house. No, he was not a stalker. He was a HIGHLY RESPECTABLE elf who just happened to accidentally shout Everglen instead of Rimeshire. A perfectly harmless mistake. Anyone could've made it!

Plus, Dex had some Universe homework that he really didn't want to finish, and he knew that Sophie had implanted the entire Universe into Fitz's head. So...

Straightening his cape, Dex shifted on his feet as he heard someone coming from the other side of Everglen's gates. "Hello?" A deep accented voice asked.

Dex felt his heart beat somewhat faster. He blamed it on the packet of sugar he had eaten beforehand (why he had eaten a packet of sugar, he could not answer). He tightened his jacket around his shoulders.

"DEX!" Dex squeaked out, waving frantically at the closed gate.

Dex blushed, he had forgotten the customary 'It's me, ___' greeting and instead had gone for the shortened approach of just screaming out his name. Luckily, Wonderboy was able to see through Dex's insane attempt at being normal and opened the gate with a somewhat bewildered smile.

Fitz's perfect hair was rumpled and messed perfectly as usual and his teal eyes gleamed in the afternoon sun. The shadow of the gate made his jawline look good too. All this perfectness made Dex forget to look for imperfections so that he could continue hating Fitz in peace.

Almost. Luckily, Dex remembered to look for them just in time and noticed Fitz had a face mask on as well as bunny slippers and he held a sparkly stuffed T-rex in his arms. "Well hello there, Fitz," Dex awkwardly stared at the ground, grinning slightly.

"Hi, Dex?" Fitz's confused expression looked even more confused.

"Hi!" Dex frantically waved both of his hands in the air in attempt to get rid of the awkward tension between them. It didn't work.

They stood there, staring at each other in the quickly fading sunlight. The sun was beginning to set and streaks of red and orange flew across the sky. The boys were momentarily breathless from lack of air.

"What are you doing here?" Fitz annoyingly broke the silence to ask the meaningless question.

"Oh! I was just wondering if you could help me with my Universe homework? Like, I have so much and I think I'm going to die?" Dex waggled his eyebrows as he had his little bot friend, Rover, flash the homework assignment on its beautifully crafted screen.

"Sure!" Fitz annoyingly blinded Dex with his smile and motioned for Dex to follow him through the gates to the foreboding grounds of Everglen. Dex felt himself go in awe...again...at the pure, just, powerfulness of the house. It was very shiny.

Dex followed Fitz into the front doors of Everglen. He saw Biana sitting on the couch reading a book. She raised her eyebrows when she saw Dex come in, but she said nothing. For some reason, Dex felt himself turn red and he turned away.

"Blare!" All at once, Fitz tripped over his bunny slippers, screamed, and slowly fell face first onto the cold marble floor. Dex could do nothing to stop Fitz as he faced his inevitable demise. He could see the expressions on Fitz's face. Shock, horror, anger and last of all understanding.

A single tear made its way down Dex's beautiful, godlike face. This couldn't be happening. Not here, not now! Fitz hit the floor with a final and deafening thud and Dex fell to his knees. 

Dex was going through the five stages of grief when Fitz sat up. He was okay! And Dex was happy! Yay! Rainbows!

"Ahem," Fitz scratched his head and attempted to regain his honor. Not that he had any in the first place, in Dex's humble opinion. "So," Fitz said, seemingly unfazed by his fall. "Do you want to do this here?" Fitz motioned around the living room from his seat on the floor. "We could study in my room if you want."

"Um, your room sounds fine!" Dex hastily said, not wanting to stay in the dreaded living room any longer.

"Great!" Fitz got up and started to the stairs. Dex lagged behind. He hated stairs. Ever since he saw that sad, cheesy human romance movie where the girl fell down the stairs after tripping over a lone banana peel, then broke her neck and died, he had never really felt the same way about them again.

Closing his eyes and gathering up his courage. Dex took a flying leap up the stairs. He lowered his chest and spread out his arms behind him, gaining a super speed. He whipped past an open mouthed Fitz and landed on the fourth floor, where Fitz's bedroom was. In three whole seconds!

Wow! Dex was fast! He hadn't meant to do that, and honestly, he had wanted to take things slowly. But in the heat of the moment, Dex just couldn't hold back. Fitz walked up the rest of the stairs, staring at Dex in a newfound wonder and admiration.

"I-" Fitz breathed tenderly, taking another step up the stairs, "I didn't know you could run that fast."

Dex grinned, "I'm not fast, you're just slow."

Fitz rolled his eyes, "You're almost as bad as Keefe,"

"No one can be as bad as Keefe,"

"True,"

Suddenly, Dex had the strangest sensation that he was actually enjoying the presence of Fitz Vacker. He smiled to himself at the strange notion, and looked at Fitz out of the corner of his eye. Fitz was staring back.

AN: Hey guys! THANK YOU FOR READING I KNOW IT'S WEIRD BUT HONESTLY I LOVE IT LIKE IT'S MY CHILD AND (UNFORTUNATELY) IT'S PROBABLY THE BEST THING I'VE EVER WRITTEN. XD HAHAHAHhahahahaha. Anyway...LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL DELETED SCENE

"BEAUTIFUL BEEEAAAANNNNSSS!!!" Suddenly Fitz burst into a song! Unable to hold back the calling within, he growled and turned towards Dex. A primal urge was in his eyes and Dex could do nothing to stop Fitz as he ran towards him.

Fitz did a flying leap and landed on the window sill! He was singing! And Dex was happy! Yay! Rainbows!

"Ahem," Fitz had finished his song and had come back to reality. "So," Fitz said, seemingly unaware of his random bursting out into song. "Do you want to do this here?" Fitz motioned around the living room. "We could study in my room if you want. It is sort of loud in here sometimes. I don't know why..."

I should've kept it, I know I know...XD