Chapter 1 - Pilot

Coming home from Citeland High, I was walking with my friend Mari on the pavement, homebound, down Boorin Avenue. The tall red brick buildings surround us like walls, the sun light just barely making it over the top.
"You mind if I come over tonight?" Mari asked, glancing at me with her silver eyes. Her blonde pony tail bouncing as we continued to walk. "I'm going to try to convince your parents to let you duel."
"Yeah, sure. I'm not sure if you'll get through." I said worriedly.
"Okay, let's stop at the Bridges of Time card shop. You're going to need a deck to start becoming a duelist as well as a duel disk." She explained.
After about 10 minutes of walking, we finally made it to Brides of Time card shop but when we got there, the lights were off and the olden oak door was locked shut.
Mari tried the door but it didn't budge, but a small bell jingled. Then, she knocked loundly. No answer. Mari sighed. "We'll have to come back a different day." Before we left though, they noticed a short told man hobble over to door.
"Hey." Mari said as he opened the door.
"Nice day, isn't it? What can I do for you kids?" The old man asked with a gentle smile on his face.
"I'm looking to become a duelist. I need a deck and duel disk." I explained to him.
"Hmm..." The old man stared at Malcom for a long while. "Okay, come on in." Mari grabbed the door and swung it open wide and we entered the dark card shop. The old man hobbled over to where the light switches were set up near the cash register. Flicking the switches, the old motors started running and the store flickered to life.
"Take a look around. We have everything from Cyber Dragon to Madolche and everything in between." The old man explained, taking a seat behind the desk. "Just let me know what you want, and I'll say the price."
"Thank you!" Mari called as we started wandering the store.
It was a beautiful sight. There were so many ranges of cards. Cards from the era of the old Blue Eyes White Dragon card all the way to cards I have never even seen before.
I came across a glass display case and in it sat an archetype. All these cards had the same word in their names, Hellfire.
"Mari, come look at this." I called across the room. The old man saw where I was standing and got up from his seat. Both him and Mari came to where I was.
"How much are these?" I asked, waving at display case.
The little old man scratched his balding, gray haired head and then said, "You can have them. They've caused me enough trouble." He grabbed his ring of keys off of his belt and unlocked the case. "As for the disk, you can pick one and take it. We have plenty."
"Thank you." I said, pleased with my find. I lifted the case and reached in to grab the cards but flinched. There's a flash of fear that runs over me, then a vision I think.
~The roads seemed to be made of fire. Houses were burning and many monsters marched the feiry path. People fleeing for their lives and yet none are able to escape. They were surrounded. A taller figure pushed through the crowd towards the people. This figure stopped once it made it inside the ring. It spoke,
'The roads ahead cloaked in flame
Yet those who see are the only sane.
Those that not fall feel endless pain
And who do shall cease to be.
Tales unspoke of wealthy desires,
Endless dines and fancy attire,
Though choices be led by fire.
Death to thou for eternity.'