A New Life Together

(edited)

It's been a few weeks since Xavier and Anna got back together, Anna moved into Xavier's place and Anna's parents gave him preferences to who to call if there was ever a problem with Anna. Hannah, Anna's friend, thought it was a bad idea. Anna ignored it and continued her new life with Xavier.

Even if they are teenagers and Anna has cancer, they both wanted to have kids before anything else goes downhill. (Before Anna's time is up.) they've been trying for weeks, Alyssa, Anna's mother told them that they should wait and let someone else carry their baby. While Xavier told Anna that if she didn't make it through delivery, he would name the child after her.

"Babe? Are you alright, you've been in the bathroom for three hours." Xavier sat at the bathroom door waiting for an answer. Anna was sitting against the wall with a pregnancy test in her hands. She thought about if she beat this evil demon inside her, what is all of the kids going to be like if she said that she wanted a family before it was too late.

"I'm coming in,"

Anna hid the test behind her back and wiped her eyes, Xavier walked in and stared at her. "What is it?"

She clutched the test and resisted to cry more. She was scared more of hurting the baby than getting better. They told the doctor about them starting a family now and he told them promptly that they need to stop all cancer treatment for now.

"Babe, you know you can tell me anything. What is it? Negative, again?"

Anna shook her head side to side and smiled a little bit. She wiped some more tears and gives the test to Xavier.

Positive

Xavier put one of his hands over his mouth, surprised to see that they are finally going to start a little family of their own.

"We're having a baby!!" Anna threw her arms around Xavier as he picked her up and twirled her around. "I need to make an appointment. Can you do that Xavier while I set up a little dinner for your family and my family?" He nodded.

He took a picture of the test and put it on Instagram with the caption; my life is finally complete!! 👶🏻🤴🏻👪

Both of their phones kept on going off with people commenting and liking Xavier's picture.

Anna called her mother first to see if they were free that week to have dinner at their place.

"Anna? What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. I just need to know if you are off this week and maybe you and dad could come over and I could make dinner."

"What's the occasion?"

"There is no occasion!! I just want to invite you guys to dinner."

Alyssa chuckled and told Anna that she should be off today and tomorrow.

Anna got off the phone and Xavier got back into the living room, he walked up to Anna and placed his hands on her stomach. "This is our baby." He grinned and kissed Anna on the lips.

Even know that Anna has cancer, she wanted to make sure that she could leave her life knowing that her family could have a little Anna or Xavier jr to look after. She dreamt of the day that she would be pregnant. Sitting in the living room going through picture books of her mother when she got pregnant with her.

Her father took a lot of pictures, they thought that he would be a photographer. But he didn't go to college because Anna was a surprise to the couple back then.

-------

Later that night, Anna's family gathered around the table and started to eat dinner. It wasn't too often that Anna invited them for dinner, Anna squeezed Xavier's hand. He looked up and stared into her eyes, she nodded and they both stood up.

"So, since I didn't really tell you the reason why we invited you here-"

"We have some big news-"

"It's really big and I wanted you guys to know about it. Before I go off and tell everyone else."

Anna's family started whispering to each other, some yelling some things (guessing what the surprise could be).
Xavier stood there with a grin on his face, Brad was very angry. He thought that he's been hurting his daughter. Anna told him that everything would be okay.

"Mom and dad were going to have a baby."

Yelling and laughing suddenly rose from Anna's family. "You're pregnant?" Hannah asked. "Yeah, I just found out this morning. I'm very excited."

"YES!! I finally get to be an auntie!!!" Anna giggled as her friend hugged her. Xavier was over by Brad. He seemed to be very upset. Anna walked over to see what was going on.

"Why? Why would you do this to her? She's fifteen, Xavier!!"

"I know that, sir, but we wanted to make sure to do this so that when it's time for her to go. We have something that she could leave behind." Brad stood there and batted his eyes from Anna to Xavier. "You, your not going to die. You can't do this to me!!" Brad yelled at his daughter. Alyssa walked over to Brad and put her arm around his waist and guided him away to talk.

"I know your father is-"

"A little bitchy? That's usual. I know that stopping the cancer treatment would most likely lower my chances of survival but if I do have to go, I want you to take care of our child."

Xavier nodded and sighed. He knew that no matter what they did, this was a bigger risk for the baby and for Anna herself. They wouldn't recommend getting pregnant while you're on chemo and have cancer. But they wanted something to leave behind.

"Xavier, we should go. Our appointment is in a couple of hours and I want to make sure we get there on time." Xavier waved goodbye to Alyssa and Brad as they walked out the door and to the car.

-----

"Ms. White, we're ready for you." The doctor in the white coat said as she holds the door for us.

"I understand that you, Anna, we're on chemo for lung cancer?!?"

"Yea I was, I stopped it right away when we were first trying for a child, I know that we're young but-"

"You wanted something to leave behind?"

"Yes, it's like that. Many people just leave some stupid thing behind but I wanted something to keep my spirit alive when I'm gone."

They walked into a room and had Anna lay down on the table.

"You understand that the chances of having a healthy baby are 50/50 right?"

"What? No, no one told me about that. What could happen?"

The doctor lifted Anna's shirt up and put some gel on her stomach. "Well, your child could have breathing problems or could have some type of disability or disease. Your child could be born early and that could put you at a bigger risk of losing your fight with cancer."

"I know that."

The doctor moved the doppler around and pointed at the screen, "That right there, is your baby. It's small for the moment but it will grow to be hopefully a healthy baby." Anna looked at the screen and then at Xavier. He was crying, "Why are you crying?"

"Because we made that, and that thing is the most beautiful thing ever. As much as I don't want our child to grow up without a mother, it might have to. But I will tell our child that you were a warrior." Anna wiped away Xavier's tears and asked the doctor for copies of the ultrasound they just took.

The doctor wiped the gel off and stepped out of the room while she gets the copies, leaving Xavier and Anna in the room by themselves.

"I know your parents aren't happy about our decisions, but I'm happy about it."

"Good" Xavier leaned over and kissed Anna's head. Let's go home.

-------
Authors notes: up above you get to see a photo of Anna and Xavier!!