01 | Bakery

Plagg found himself alone in the Agreste mansion much to his dismay. How could Adrien forget him? Who was going to feed him his sweet Camembert? They were all out. What would happen if an Akuma attacked? And what about his food! With no other choice, Plagg would have to leave.

To Fu? No, it might have him taken from Adrien. Forgetting your kwami showed irresponsibility. He couldn't go to any one else, and the option to go back to Adrien was to far away. That and he didn't remember where Adrien was going.

His stomach growled from hunger as he flew in no set direction. Snow was falling from the grey clouds, soaking his body. He followed his nose for something to eat. Anything. It could be cheddar or Gouda at this point. Even sweets instead of cheese.

The smell of muffins wafted to his nose and he followed it, grasping at straws. It was the bakery run by the clumsy girl's parents. It was very pink and warm. He floated into the house, his body slipping through the window and flying straight into something.

It was the clumsy girl's head! He dropped to the ground, hoping to blend into the shadows on the floor.

She turned around and looked for the source of the impact, and didn't see anything. At least that's what Plagg hoped. But it didn't work out according to plan as he felt something grab his tail.

"So your what hit me?" She inquired placing the cat kwami in her hand. "Aren't you cute?" She cooed, running a finger over his head. His stomach growled and the clumsy girl chuckled. "Aren't you hungry? I wonder what you'd like." She said.

"Camembert will do." Plagg said, waiting for a reaction of shock or to be thrown on the ground, but neither happened.

"I'll see of I have any. I'm Marinette by the way." She said, continuing to pet him.

"Plagg." The cat kwami replied, a purr rumbling from his throat. This girl was nice. And smelt like muffins. Marinette put the cat kwami on her desk and disappeared downstairs.

Plagg took the time to look around. "This girl really likes Adrien. I should tell him when he gets back." He murmured. He then noticed the open sketchbook on the desk. Plagg flipped through the pages. They were pretty.

Soon the girl came back with a triangle of Camembert. Plagg's mouth watered. He abandoned the book and flew straight for it. He took the runny cheese from her and swallowed it hole.

"Thanks Marinette." He said, flying over to her desk. Marinette followed in turn and sat back at her desk, only to notice that her sketch book was on another page, she returned to work in progress design and continued to work.

"So what brings you here?" She inquired her gaze never leaving the page.
"Adri-My owner went away for work and forgot me. And to buy more Camembert."
"That's terrible. You can stay with me until he gets back. I've got plenty of space. And Camembert." Plagg's face lit up.
"Thank you. I can't be deprived of my sweet Camembert." Plagg said. "Why weren't you surprised when I started talking?" The cat kwami asked.

Marinette tensed for a second, having no explanation to why she wasn't surprised. "Well you were flying so talking didn't seem so surprising." She said, the half lie rolling off her tongue.

Plagg nodded and continued to look around. Pretending not to know the blonde boy on her walls, the cat inquired who it was.

"Oh him? That's Adrien Agreste. He's a model for his father's fashion company." Marinette explained. "He sits in front of me in school. He's really popular. I can understand why. He's kind and considerate."
"So you don't like him cause of his appearance?"
"I mean he is attractive, with his golden hair and dreamy eyes, but that isn't all that matters." Plagg nodded and relaxed on the opposite paper the blue haired designer was working on.

"Marinette it's getting late!" A feminine voice called. "You should get some rest. School still doesn't end for another week."
"Alright Maman!" Marinette called back.

A couple of minutes later and Marinette returned to her room. Plagg hadn't moved. Marinette chuckled and picked up the cat kwami, laying him next to her pillow. She turned the lights off before climbing into the bed.

Once the blue haired designer had fallen asleep, Plagg moved from the bed to continue his analysis of Marinette's room. As he looked around, he noticed that a small bag was moving. He flew over and watched the bag move.

Maybe whatever inside couldn't get out. Maybe he should help. He looked around the bag before pulling it open.

Out popped the last thing he would see.

It was red with three dots on their face. They opened their eyes and Plagg flew back.

"Tikki?!"
"Plagg?!"

— ♥︎ —

Boom! First chapter. I wanted to do something with Plagg, but also Tikki and Marinette so there.

As for what Tikki was doing during the beginning of the story, personally I like the idea of her eating cookies in Marinette's purse.

Why Adrien forgot Plagg? His alarm didn't go off so Adrien woke up late and had to get ready really quickly. He didn't even eat a proper breakfast until he was on the plane.