The Mechanics

For the most part, this campaign will be run like every other D&D campaign ever but there are a few logistical things that need to be addressed.
The first issue is that there are four entrances and four "teams" which means that there are four separate stories going on so a proper way to decide on turns had to be found. One person on each team will roll a D20 and, unless they run into any monsters or treasure chest, they can move that many squares (I know, very boardgame-y but something had to be done to make it semi-fair).
I also had to address the issue of how far they can see. They can see five squares in any direction given that there are no corners or walls blocking the way.
When showing the players the parts of the map that they can see, an erasable marker should be used and anything beyond their vision should be erased. You can choose to either use a single mat in four sections [with four colors(suggested)] or four mats (not suggested).
Players can keep track of where they've been using chalk, ash, rope, a hand drawn map, etc. as long as their character would think to do it. The DM should keep careful track of where the characters have been on their own map. Characters can also make an Intelligence/Wisdom check (17) to see if they remember where they've been.
If parties cross paths, they can either stay together or they can compare maps/stories and part paths or they can fight, etc.
When it is not a specific parties' turn, they can take a long or short rest (at the DM's discretion) if they think to request it and if there are no monsters in the same "hall."
So. Movement. Time. Things that need to be kept track of.