Ch.8

Tobias POV

"Eat it! It's the best!" Zeke.

I look down at the plate in front of me. A huge piece of chocolate cake is placed on it, and it does look pretty good.

"Fine. Only because it looks good." I mumble and pick up my fork. I put some of the cake on my fork and taste it.

Zeke is smiling next to me, waiting for my response.

"Damn. Best thing ever." I chuckle and pile the whole piece into my mouth.

"I knew it!" Zeke fist pumps.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get me another piece." I smile and Zeke runs off.

My eyes shoot open and I sit up.

What the hell?

Who's Zeke and what did I eat?

I shake my head and rub my eyes. I look around and then remember some of last night. Beatrice pounded my face and everything went black. I remember waking up and being dizzy.

Wow.

But it did feel good.

A 15 year old Abnegation boy doesn't get punched in the face very often.

I slowly stand up from the couch and stretch. I walk into the bathroom. I look into the mirror and sigh. I have a black eye on my right eye and it's closed from the swelling. I have a scratch along my left cheek and a black and purple and blue bruise on my right cheek.

Wow, I do not look hot.

After I do my business, I walk back into the living room and plop down onto the couch to relax. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I look up to see Beatrice.

"Hey." I smile.

"Your smiling?" She chuckled, "Have you seen your face? No offense."

"Yes, I'm aware that I'm not mildly attractive right now but I needed that." I reply.

"Sorry again." She says and walks over to the kitchen, grabbing stuff to eat, "What day is it?" She asks.

"Friday, I think?" It comes out more of a question.

"Ok." She makes breakfast and we eat in a comfortable silence.

After we eat, we are lazy again all day and sit on the couch.

"Can we do some more training? I don't know why, but I'm all on adrenaline." Beatrice look over to me eagerly.

"Yeah. Of course." I reply.

"Okay. I just have to go to the bathroom. Be right back." She runs into the bathroom and I chuckle before standing up and stretching.

But then I hear keys being messed with.

Shit.

No. No. No.

Marcus barges in, no expression written on his face. Yet, I know that look. Bad things are going to happen.

"Come on." He angrily lifts me up by the collar of my shirt (yes, he's that strong) and drags me downstairs.

He throws me onto the cold concrete after shutting the basement door. I back up against the wall and silently spit colorful words to myself.

Marcus takes his belt off and wraps it around his hand.

I know what's coming, and this is when I'm the weakest.
___________________________________

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I love you all.

Remember that.

I might spoil you and post another chapter shortly after this one.

Vote and comment!

Love you guys, dauntless rebels!

- Wallflower Rachel 🍦