Chapter 17

"Good morning Engr."

"Good morning." She greeted back while smiling at the construction workers.

"Good morning Engr. Yoon." She smiled at Engr. Do and Architect Lee as she took her seat. She closed her eyes and massaged her temple. It's been days that she suffered headache and even though she took some rest, it never went away.

"Are you okay? I noticed that you always suffer from headache. Why didn't you stay home instead?" Bomi looked at Minhyuk and flashed a smile to assure him that she's okay.

She was about to say something when her phone rang and she answered her sister's call.

(Sissss~) She immediately distanced the phone away from her ears as she hissed in pain. Sumi seriously scream on the other line which caused her head to ache more. Good thing she stopped herself from cursing or else she embarrassed herself in front of others. Though the two chuckled at her reaction so she frowned.

"Don't scream, will you?" Sumi just laughed on the other line. "So, why did you call me? Spit it out." But before her sister can utter a word, she saw Baekhyun's name appeared on the screen, calling her. "Save it for later. I'm going to hold this call. Baekhyun's calling."

(Psh. Now you're treating me as you're second priority. You always entertain Baekhyun first. Hmph!) Now is her time to laugh at her sister.

"Shut up." She playfully rolled her eyes. "You're also like this when it comes to Minhwan. Don't worry, I'll talk to you after Baekhyun. Love you sis." Then she pressed the hold button and answered Baekhyun. It seems that she can't take her smile away when she heard his voice.

(Hey love. Let's eat lunch together.)

"Hey there. I'm okay with that. Do I need to go to your office? I brought my car." Baekhyun wanted to drop her earlier at the site but she went back to sleep due to her headache. The thought of Baekhyun being in her house early in the morning made her sad because she didn't entertain him well.

(You really don't have to. I'll be the one driving there at the site. What do you want to eat?)

"Hmmm, anything as long as there's eggplant on it."

Baekhyun knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "As far as I can remember, you don't like eggplant. Did your taste change? Haha."

(Stupid haha. I just want to try eating food that I dislike. Anyways, can I hang up? I hold Sumi's call since you called. I'll just call you later after I talk to her.)

"Sure love. But I need to tell you this. There will be an Alumni homecoming-slash-reunion in the university next Saturday. I want you to come with me." Of course he does want her to be with him. He wants to inform those people whom he knew that he already has the love of his life. He wants his friends to know that his dream came true.

(Eeehhh, do I need to come love? Just thinking about what will happen is making me nervous. I didn't see my batch for eight years and I didn't graduate in the university.)

"I want you to be there, love. Don't be nervous. All you have to do is to sit there and look beautiful, as always. Please." And he sounded like a child telling his mom to buy a toy for him. Bomi laughed at him.

(Okay. Okay. You must thank the heavens that I love you and I can't resist your charms. Anyways, I'll hang this up. See you later.)

"Later, love. I love you." He said while smiling widely.

(I love you too. Take care.) And the call ended.

He shook his head when he realized that Bomi didn't remember how special the date today is for them. Yeah, one month today was the date they became official.