Chapter 14 - Something is Wrong

Yoongi and Namjoon ziplined down as they were the last ones on the line. While they were doing that, Hoseok kept on apologizing to Jungyeon for screaming.

"Jungyeon! I'm sorry!" He apologized once again. Jungyeon felt pity for the boy, even if she was so done with him, so she ruffled with his orange-brown hair like he was a little kid since she had a habit of doing that. Hoseok blushed faintly because of this and this made him stop apologizing. "It's okay Hoseok. Thanks anyway. I'm going with my friends so, bye." She waves goodbye to Hoseok and so did he but he just waved with his wrist. He ran his hand through his hair and smiled widely which was reaching his ears. "YAAAAAAAAA!" He shouted happily.

"So how was the zipline?" Jimin asked Yoongi and Namjoon. "It was fine. didn't expect it to be that short." Yoongi replied. Namjoon nodded in agreement. "But it was fun." Namjoon gave a thumbs up. Then Hoseok ran to them happily. "So how was it with Jungyeon?" Taehyung asks curiously. "She ruffled my hair." Hoseok smiled like it was a great thing and guess what, everybody had an idea, excluding Hoseok, and they were thinking the same thing. They all started messing up the hair of Hoseok, teasing him. "Ya! stop it!" He said trying to get rid of the hands but he was attacked. He then kneeled down, because of the number of hands he was being attacked with. They all then stopped and laughed at Hoseok who was ducking like he was gonna get hit or something. "We too, just now, ruffled your hair." Yoongi laughed. Hoseok then slowly stood up and breathed out. "Well, let's get back to our shack. We have nothing to do so let's just play games and talk about stuff." He suggested and they all agreed. "First one to the shack!" Jungkook exclaimed running, having a head start. "Hey wait for us!" Taehyung shouted so they all ran but Yoongi just walked since, typical Yoongi.

Out of the six running, Jimin was head-to-head with Jungkook. After using a bit more energy, Jimin was now leading. The sight of being first made him have a sudden flashback.

Jimin was running for his life. Running away because someone was chasing him. A person in black.

He started slowing down. He pretends to be tired so that the others wouldn't worry about him. He pretends to start resting a bit until he lost sight of them. Once they were a bit further, he sat down on the dry, rocky, and rough ground. He's starting to remember things. But as he keeps on saying before, he might be making it up.

He then heard rustling behind the bushes. He stood up to see what the rustling was. It was someone, someone in black. He was facing away from him. As he steps closer, the person slightly turns around revealing their side. Jimin stepped back because he was afraid. He couldn't see the person's face clearly since it was covered by the shade of the tree. The person lifted their hand and it revealed a knife. Jimin could see his own reflection clearly through the knife and this scared him. He stepped back one more time but he tripped on a rock and fell backwards. His bottom landed on the rocky path. The person came closer, holding the knife up high, about to leave the shadows and enter the light but then someone called out Jimin's name. Jimin looked at the the direction where the voice came from. It was his friend, Yoongi. "Jimin-ah!" He ran to the younger one. He was breathing heavily but once he looked back, the person was gone. He couldn't have escaped that quickly, couldn't he? "Are you okay?" Concerned Yoongi approaches Jimin. "Yeah, I'm fine hyung."

"First!" Jungkook exclaimed. Entering their shack where they will be staying. Second was Seokjin then Taehyung then Hoseok and fifth was Namjoon. All of them fell on the ground and rested. Seokjin looked around if they were complete. He expected Yoongi not to be here yet but, he couldn't find Jimin. Jimin wasn't there yet. He started worrying since, something is definitely wrong with him. "Have you seen Jimin?" He asks everybody that was in the room who were sitting down. The others shook their heads excluding Namjoon. "Didn't he just rest for a moment?" He asks, laying his back on the wall. "Oh yeah! He did! That's why he slowed down isn't it?" Taehyung said remembering that Jimin was ahead but slowed down for some reason. "I think there is a reason why he slowed down." Hoseok spoke. They all then started listening to what he was about to say; with Seokjin finally sitting. "Well usually, he would just continue on but he slowed down for some reason. We just started running and if we know Jimin very well, he wouldn't get tired that easily." He explained having an idea. "That is true." Jungkook said. "One thing that all of us should notice by now is that something is wrong with Jimin and we, until now, have no idea what his problem is." He continued having another point. "Jimin asked me if I've ever lost someone who I loved but never knew how they died but someone else explained their death. Then he followed up by saying, that what if you feel like they are lying about their death." Seokjin spoke. "I didn't answer him yet since I said that it is better if he talks to all of us." He added. "So it looks like Jimin has lost someone but he thinks that the given reason of their death was a lie." Namjoon summarized, suddenly thinking deeply, using his mind. "Jimin told me something." Jungkook joined in. "We were just talking casually until he said, 'What if I am like you?' I was shocked to hear this from him." Their eyes widened in shock and they were just thinking, why would he ask that? Why would he ask if he was like Jungkook even though he is not, that of he should know? Did he experience the same thing or was it something different? They suddenly had so many questions in mind that needed concrete answers. Jungkook then continued his statement. "He continued on by talking about his mom. He said that when he stepped into the water of the lake, he remembered his younger self screaming 'Mom!'. He then said that his dad told him that his mom died in a car accident, since he has forgotten how his mom died, but to him, he thinks it's a lie. He also thinks he is making everything up and he is losing his mind." He said. "So let me summarize it all to make it clear. We already know that Jimin only lived with his dad and he did say before that his mom passed away because of a car accident. But now, just now, he think that it is not the reason of her death and he thinks that there is something wrong with him." Namjoon summarized once again. "But why now though? Why did he just remember it now?" He suddenly questioned. They then thought about it for a moment until Taehyung spoke up. "I think it is because of the water! Kookie did say that when Jimin stepped in, he remembered something. I think he is afraid of water!" Hoseok then slapped the back of Taehyung's head thinking that it was stupid. "Did you forget already? He swam with us awhile ago!" He said while Taehyung's mouth was gaped holding the back of his head where he was slapped. "Ah, sorry." He apologized. "But he is onto something." Seokjin said while trying to change his sitting position. "He is right. Water." Namjoon being of course, the brain of the group. The person with the highest IQ among them. But not smarter than Einstein who still has a higher IQ than him. "He is right about the water but he is not right about being afraid of it." He stated making Taehyung feel a bit embarrassed. "Because don't you remember before? Jimin didn't go to swimming classes or go to swimming parties when he was invited because his dad didn't allow him even though he really wanted to? Well, of course Yoongi didn't come because he was lazy and stuff but then Jimin's dad must be hiding something from him or he is trying his best to make Jimin forget about the real reason why his mother died."

"I wonder what the reason is?" Jungkook thought. A few seconds later, Yoongi came in with Jimin, who didn't look too well. Jimin's arm wrapped Yoongi as he was supporting him. All of them stood up because Jimin might needed help. Yoongi slowly placed Jimin down on the ground. All of them approached Jimin, worried sick. "What happened to Jimin?" Seokjin asked Yoongi. He looked at the others and just reading the face of Yoongi, it didn't seem good. "There is something wrong. But then Jimin will tell you." He said looking back at Jimin so did the others. They were silent for a moment and then Jimin spoke. "Guys, there is something wrong with me."

"Yeah I'm fine hyung" Jimin replied. "Did you see the guy in the bushes?" He asks hoping that Yoongi saw it. "What guy in the bushes?" He asks pretty unsure what he was talking about. "There was a guy there! Holding a knife! Coming closer to me." Jimin exclaimed with widened eyes. "Jimin, I've been watching you ever since you stopped running. No one was there. You were backing out at nothing; backing out at the clear air and calm trees and bushes." He said.

"What?"