Chapter 1 - The beginning

Vision was standing very, very still, staring blankly at the wall infront of him. He appeared blank, yes, but in his mind, there was a lot going on.

"Having fun, Vis?" called Tony, as he went past the corridor while handling some files. But he stopped midway, curious as to what was going on the AI. 

"You gonna stand there all day? I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall..." he joked.

Vision didn't reply, so Tony just made a weird face at him and left him there to admire the pretty interesting wall. And that is exactly what Vision continued to do.

But why didn't Vision reply?

There was voice in his brain. It was repeatedly chastising him for doing the things he did. Why did you let her go? It kept on whispering to him. Why did you not protect her? Why were you so soft? He tried his best to ignore it, but it was near impossible. You are worthless. Incapable. Pathetic! Unworthy of the powers you possess...you are a disappointment! He wondered who was speaking to him. It certainly wasn't his own voice, it was someone else's. Ultron? No. His conscience? Possibly.

"Friday," he spoke at last, looking up at the ceiling, "any news on Wanda?"

"No, sir." She replied in her robotic voice, and even in her metallic tone, he sensed a sadness.

Somewhere, in the middle of space, Thanos sat comfortably on his floaty throne. He had a smile on purple chewing-gum face. Once again, he was about to say something vague and confusing :

"A powerful presence-

In midgardian lands,

He writes his destiny-

With his own hands.

The decision he takes-

Decides the fates,

Of all the worlds combined.

Unaware of this, he walks-

Followed by the god who stalks."