Chapter 1: Hey, hey are you okay?

"Selamat Malam ! This is Captain Billah speaking. We have arrived at Bandar Seri Begawan International Airport from Mactan International Airport after an approximately 1 hour and 54 minute journey. Thank you for choosing Royal Brunei Airlines, we hope to see you again! Enjoy your stay at the Kingdom of Unexpected Treasures!"

     I sighed deeply as I looked over the plane window. It's 6 in the evening. The thought of being alone in another country, being an adult with a job, is rather scary. If it wasn't for our financial insecurity, I wouldn't have been here. I would've been in London, studying for my doctorate degree and working there instead. Oh, London! My dream city!

     But, for now I have to settle for little Brunei. No night life, not much tourist spots unlike the Philippines where I am from, but they do have work opportunities.

      "Ma,am? You may exit the cabin now. The aisles are clear", said the smiling flight stewardess. I quickly got up and took my bags. I thanked her before I exited the plane.

    There aren't much people in the arrival area since its already night time and I guess, the one who has to pick me up and take me to my workplace, is late. So I decided to sit at the chairs instead and wait. They said they'll be the one with the card that says "Welcome New PT!", how cute.

     Out of boredom, I looked around. 5 seats away from me is an old man. He looks strict so I'd rather not greet him. I took my phone out and scrolled through twitter before finally tweeting "excited for this new chapter xx #brunei". It got 15 likes and some responses from my friends telling me to get them pasalubong (presents) once I come back.

      "Help! Someone....pls.....hel.." The old man from earlier was gasping loudly! I ran to him and did the preliminaries before starting CPR.

     "Hey, hey are you okay?". He shakes his head slowly. "I'm Alyza Sevilla, I'm a physical therapist and I'm here to help you", I started pumping his chest 10 times and gave him air for 2 seconds and started pumping again. I called for someone to help and a lady who just came out from the toilet responded and called the ambulance.

     "Ma'am? You can stop now. We will take it from here", a man in uniform said. He looks like a high class security personnel. So I stopped the CPR and watched them take him to the back of the car. Before going in, the man asked for my name so I gave him my business card and the car drove fast towards the hospital.

     As I turned to get back to my seat, I saw a guy with a card that says "Welcome New PT!" but he only looked at me, shocked. He's in his late 40s so I'm sure I've never seen him before. I walked towards him, "Hi! Are you the one who's picking me up? I'm Alyza Sevilla, the new PT. You can call me Lyz", I said smiling. He looked at me intently before speaking, "Hello, I'm Jon. Your Chief PT. But, do you know who you helped back there, Lyz?". I shaked my head to say no and he quickly responded, "That was the Sultan of Brunei."