Character Development

The Vet's POV.

I was sitting on Nushaw, on the shore of Emled river, watching the two suns rise in the west. The patch of silver trees behind me sparkled, and the blue and yellow circles rising from the clear blue waters was highlighted by the red snow capping the Earnbay mountain. I was sat alone, looking at my reflection in the waters, my pale blue scales and red tipped features, I was a fairly pretty Shaw for my age.

Then, suddenly, I heard a grating noise and felt a breeze. I jumped up and looked around, near the patch of trees was a large blue box with two six paned windows a sign the read 'POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX' at the top. Doors on the side of the box opened and what looked like a human from one of my 'Foreign Life' textbooks stepped out. He had spiky brown hair and wore a long brown coat. He turned to me and I saw his brown eyes, they looked so old, older than humans are supposed to live. Maybe he was just experienced, though.

"Hello, I'm The Doctor, could you tell me where we are?" The strange man asked, stepping forward and closing the doors behind him

"Nushaw, did your shuttle crash? It mustn't weigh much, it only felt like a wind. Though it makes a funny sound while it's falling." I informed him

"No, not crash, just... land. And, I think I'll be off now, I was attempting to land on Earth to pick up a friend of mine." He said, turning around and beginning to unlock the doors again, "Guess I'll have to do some fixing too, poor old girl."

The man stroked the door of his shuttle, before stepping in, but before leaving, he poked his head out the door again,

"Might I ask your name?" he asked

"Calirico Dehan, might I ask yours?" I replied

"I told you, The Doctor. Bye then Calirico, might see you again sometime." The man said, before going back inside his shuttle and closing the door.

I sighed and turned to walk back to my home, I didn't even bother to look back when I heard the grating noise and felt the breeze again, I just kept walking, dragging my tail behind me.

I sat up quickly, I was led on the floor of the main library in my TARDIS, I must've dozed off trying to unfocus myself from the world around me, but that had given me empty space for the memory though.

Dehan, how did I get one of her memories? and more importantly, why? And more important still, she met The Doctor? and EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THEN THAT, I was hungry.

I stood and walked to the exit of the library, where I stopped and picked up a book that was on a shelf, it was titled 'Shaw History, Development Through Time'. I decided I could read it and try to see if whatever was going on was supposed to happen.

I walked to the kitchen and poured some milk in a bowl, then Cardinal walked in

"You are seriously not putting the milk in before the cereal, are you?" he asked jokingly

"You sure are quick to judge, pretty bird." I said, I had called him that name a lot before as a joke, mostly because it bothered him.

"Ok, calm down Veterinarian, I just think it's weird, and I bet almost everyone here would agree." he teased

"One; Just Vet, not Veterinarian. Two; I can do what I want in my own kitchen." I told him

Then I poured some Cheerios in my bowl and grabbed a spoon before sitting down. Cardinal grabbed a bagel off the counter and sat across from me, there was a moment of silence

"Three; You call me weird, then proceed to eat a raw bagel." I added

"Fair enough. What're we gonna do today then?"