Chapter Fourteen

Guys. I'm so sorry that I've just left you for like 4 months. School has been pretty hectic, but I love you guys so much, and let us get on with this book, yeah? Also this band is from my homestate of Minnesota. Love them as much as I do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked to the ceiling and mumbled a quick prayer.

No harm will come to you so long as I am here, love.

Who are you? You don't sound like Magnus. I asked the voice.

I have a limited amount of time with you before the vampires come. All will be revealed in its due time. And with the help of Hodge, of course.

How do you know who Hodge is?

Go. Save your friend.

I snapped back to the reality that was Alec nudging me and me putting a hand my katana. Now we were really up in this bitch. 

Once Jace had safely grabbed Simon, we were off and out of there. 

"Let's go!" Jace kept shouting. We rushed down a flight of stairs and continued running, to the best of our ability, towards and exit.

Jace tossed Simon to Clary and put his stele and flashlight in the similar fashion a police officer would with a gun and a flashlight. 

Simon continued panting and breathing irregularly as we turned even more corners and barreled through corridors.

I couldn't help but feel like we were being watched.

Jace directed the beam of his flashlight down to a series of strangely placed lights. 

They're vampires, why would they need lights? I thought to myself.

I never got to found out, because a group of them were standing directly in front of us. 

A loud gasp came from Clary. I, on the other hand, was completely silent.

Two of them jumped in front of us and Clary and I screamed and we all turned the other direction. 

"In here!" Jace lead us to a surprisingly well lit area which almost resembled a grand dining room, with a large banquet table and multiple small chairs arranged in a neat fashion.

How ironic.

Clary and Simon ran to the ends of one of the tables, catching their breaths, while the rest of us assessed the situation before us, preparing to fight.

The vampires rushed into the room, with their disheveled and frankly quite dirty appearances. 

They stalked towards us, eerily quiet for a bunch of bloodsuckers, and that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

They circled us, and Clary looked behind us and let out a gasp.

"Jace." She cried out.

We all looked and realized we were outnumbered. Oh no. 

I moved closer to where Alec was standing and grabbed his hand. We looked into each other's eyes and simultaneously thought the same thing. 

I love you.

The vampires rushed towards us and it all began. I unsheathed my katana and, in one fluid motion, cut the heads off of four vampires simply by spinning with it in my hand.

Hell yeah fucking right. (Who gets this reference lol)

The whole entire dining room area turned into a battle arena, and I was doing pretty well until the chief jackass vampire pinned me down.